spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The weird thing is that it doesn't seem like the locals or local media truly consider the Chargers an L.A. team.

You never hear shit about them.

Won't that change if the Chargers end up being good?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer*
The expectation is that Dak Prescott and the starting offense could play a quarter tonight against Indianapolis.

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer*
Ezekiel Elliott is getting loose for tonight's game but he is not expected to see action with Darren McFadden and Alfred Morris expected to see the time with the first team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Interesting.

I wonder if Hitchens is playing for Lee, or if they are moving him to SOLB (anticipating a Damien Wilson suspension)

Or maybe Hitchens only plays in the nickel with Lee.

CBS 11 Sports @CBS11Sports
Jaylon Smith will start at MIddle Linebacker tonight per Jason Garrett

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Won't that change if the Chargers end up being good?

It's possible

Honestly there are a lot more Cowboy fans here than Charger fans. They are not being welcomed here. Everyone was excited about the Rams coming home. But no one seems happy that the Chargers are back in L.A.

I haven't heard one single positive remark about the Chargers being back from anyone anywhere

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well so much for watching the damn game before my flight takes off

Direct tv won't let me watch it live

Those fuckers!

Reaction score
Dak looks close to flawless on his first two possessions. Helen Moore comes in and scores 7 for the Colts in just one play. Only the Cowboys brain trust would continue to waste time on this scrub.

Also, I could beat Moore in an arm wrestling match in less than 2 seconds. I'd slam that noodle arm to the table no problemo.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I have a question for you guys that live in Texas

When I was in Seattle two weeks ago I noticed that damn near every business and Resturant had Seahawk gear displayed in their businesses. Plus there are giant 12th man flags around town. They seem to take their team seriously up there. Even the smallest little dive coffee shop has a framed signed jersey on display. They certainty are proud of their team.

I never see Rams or Charger shit anywhere here in L.A.

Granted they have only been back for one season but I would expect to start to see some Rams shit around town. Maybe it's because they have sucked for so long and the Seahawks have won recently

My question is this, is it like that in Dallas? Is there Cowboy gear posted up in businesses around town? Or is Seattle the anomaly with how strongly they support their team? Because I can't remember seeing this type of support anywhere else I've visited.

Not sure what city Yim is in but in Dallas and the surrounding cities there is Cowboy paraphernalia all over this city. You can't go 5 minutes without seeing that Blue Star posted somewhere. Either on the wall of a restaurant/bar, Cowboy gear displays in retail stores, Cowboys logos displayed on vehicles. Hell I have a blue star on the hitch on my GMC.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just landed in Seattle

How did Jaylon look while he was in? Dooms doesn't sound impressed

But Dooms isn't easily impressed

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I just landed in Seattle

How did Jaylon look while he was in? Dooms doesn't sound impressed

But Dooms isn't easily impressed

I said he wasn't looking gimpy. That's a positive. He looked good and made one great play.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's good to hear

Unfortunately I could have watched the entire game during the flight but didn't realize that until the 4th quarter

Had I of known that I could have watched nearly the entire game

I'm hoping we can get the direct TV up and running on the boat either tonight or first thing tomorrow morning

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The one thing I did notice is Cooper Rush looked better than Moore

And I didn't have to see Moore to know that

I'm good with him being #2 already

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Will do my usual review tomorrow, but other than McFadden's bad redzone fumble, another awful game by Kellen Moore and a few penalties I would think the Cowboy people would have to be pretty happy.

People that had been watching all offseason and training camp said Prescott looked a lot better this camp than last. They were right.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not sure what city Yim is in but in Dallas and the surrounding cities there is Cowboy paraphernalia all over this city. You can't go 5 minutes without seeing that Blue Star posted somewhere. Either on the wall of a restaurant/bar, Cowboy gear displays in retail stores, Cowboys logos displayed on vehicles. Hell I have a blue star on the hitch on my GMC.

I thought he was asking about businesses. I live near White Rock Lake and don't have to get out too far away from this area but I can't remember the last time I saw cowboy stuff in a business that wasn't a sports bar or a Kroger

Last edited:
Top Bottom