theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yep mine too. But I have no reason to wish any ill on the guy so, I'm rooting for him to become the next Lawrence frikkin Taylor for us.

In general it is hard to complain about the 2016 draft. If the Cowboys flip flopped Jaylon and Daks draft positions, nobody would say boo about the gimp even if he never played a meaningful down in his career, but as we know that didnt happen. As it stands now the second round of the draft has been a decade long disaster for this team. And to your point, nobody here wants him to fail, just like Escobar he didnt draft himself. Right now they are talking about a two down linebacker, I just dont see value in that, particularly from the 34th pick in the draft. But here is hoping he shoves it up our ass sideways.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
In general it is hard to complain about the 2016 draft. If the Cowboys flip flopped Jaylon and Daks draft positions, nobody would say boo about the gimp even if he never played a meaningful down in his career, but as we know that didnt happen. As it stands now the second round of the draft has been a decade long disaster for this team. And to your point, nobody here wants him to fail, just like Escobar he didnt draft himself. Right now they are talking about a two down linebacker, I just dont see value in that, particularly from the 34th pick in the draft. But here is hoping he shoves it up our ass sideways.
The flip side of my rooting pancake is, if he becomes a dominant star Jerry looks like a genius. But then again, most of the idiots in the league already think he is one, so there's that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Norv Turner likes the philosophy of Jason Garrett, play of Dak Prescott

August 16, 2017 7:05 PM
OXNARD, Calif

Coach Jason Garrett has made no secret of copying Turner's philosophy with a throw-back run oriented style, featuring a dominant offensive line, which has been the foundation of the Cowboys success in recent years.

“I can’t begin to tell you the impact he’s had on me," Garrett said. "So much as a football player, as a football coach. Maybe equally important as a guy, his view of the world, his perspective on things. Like a lot of players on those teams in the early ‘90s, he had such a huge impact on guys in their growth and development in their careers.

“Often times we end up talking about the guys who had Hall of Fame careers, Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith and a number of others, but for a guy like me, who was hanging on by a string, he really helped me. He helped me understand how to play the game at this level, and his impact is everlasting. So much of what we do now can be traced directly back to what Norv Turner did for me and our football team in the 90s.”

Turner, who is now retired and lives in San Diego, also appreciates his relationship with Garrett and is proud of his success as a head coach. When he looks at the Cowboys, he sees a team that also plays the right way with the proper spirit and credits Garrett for that.

“I watch their team and I see the things that are important with Jason,” Turner said. “The team plays with energy. To start off you want to be a real physical team, the running back plays physical. When you do that, it helps the quarterback. It helps your passing offense. They are extremely efficient. He's got a quarterback who can do to the things he wants to do, who has bought in to everything they are doing. When you got a young guy you can mold him into who you want him to be. He is very efficient. He is very coachable because he does the things you ask him to do."

The more Turner talked the more his affinity turned to quarterback Dak Prescott, who he says is only going to be better in his second year as the starter.

"His talent to me is limitless," Turner said. "As he continues to play, he is going to just grow and grow as a player. Dak did a great job of eliminating negative plays last year. I think he will continue to do that. When the time comes to be a dynamic player, I think that is going to happen."

Read more here: Dallas Cowboys: Norv Turner likes the philosophy of Cowboys offense | Fort Worth Star-Telegram

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like our 2nd, 3rd, 4th rd and 6th rd picks wont be playing again Saturday.

And how the hell is McClown hurt? He's done basically nothing all camp.

WR Ryan Switzer (hamstring)
CB Chidobe Awuzie (ankle, hamstring)
QB Luke McCown (shoulder)
DT Cedric Thornton (hamstring)
DE Tyrone Crawford (ankle)
CB Marquez White (hamstring)
CB Jourdan Lewis (hamstring)
CB Anthony Brown (hamstring)
S Xavier Woods (hamstring)
DE David Irving (ankle)
OG Joe Looney (toe)
LB Sean Lee (hamstring)
TE Rico Gathers (concussion)
LB Jaylon Smith (rest)
RB Darren McFadden (rest)
OT Tyron Smith (rest)
TE Jason Witten (rest)
WR Dez Bryant (rest)
CB Orlando Scandrick (rest)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
NFLN will be re-airing our game vs Indy Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m. for anyone who misses the live game.

Also a good chance that some or maybe all the 4th qtr our game during the live broadcast will not be shown as they will almost assuredly switch to the 10pm EST game at kickoff.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
NFLN will be re-airing our game vs Indy Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m. for anyone who misses the live game.

Also a good chance that some or maybe all the 4th qtr our game during the live broadcast will not be shown as they will almost assuredly switch to the 10pm EST game at kickoff.

Or they will show the condensed version where they cut out all the unimportant plays.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Was watching some of the clips past few days from Taco Charlton, thought he had a solid game vs Rams and it seems its carried over. Really making some great strides it seems from where he was the first week or two of camp. We'll definitely miss Irving those first 4 games, but when he returns with Charlton, Irving, Lawrence, Mayowa (also getting good reviews and apparently healthy) and either Moore/Tapper, maybe the DE position wont be too bad.

Also sounds like Stephen Paea could end up the starting NT next to Maliek Collins, and it's been really consistent reports all camp on how well Paea has looked. Had his best yr in the league playing for Marinelli his last yr in Chicago (6 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 3 passes defensed). Seems like he is a good fit for the scheme. If Paea can play like he did with Marinelli in Chicago and Collins continues to develop from his rookie yr, this might not be a bad setup for us there either.

Thornton is nice depth at DT. I wonder if Crawford moves back inside to DT when he comes back.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I actually don't mind the condensed versions. That way I don't have to watch al the filler and I don't have to listen to the idiot announcers

I have direct TV and when I watch a recorded game I use the 30 second jump ahead button between plays anyway. That way I don't have to watch them line up between plays anymore. It goes from play to play without all the non football crap

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Norv Turner likes the philosophy of Jason Garrett

What philosophy is that? Getting grossly overpaid for nothing more than sucking the owner off? I am so tired of these coaches lying out there ass in order not piss one of their buddies off, just on the off chance that there is another job out there waiting for them.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer*
Today's injury report at camp: Defensive end David Irving was back to practice after missing time with an ankle injury. With DeMarcus Lawrence limited, Irving could start Saturday vs. Indianapolis. The following players did not practice: S Xavier Woods, CB Jourdan Lewis, LB Sean Lee, DE Tyrone Crawford, DT Cedric Thornton, DE Benson Mayowa, WR Ryan Switzer, QB Luke McCown, TE Rico Gathers. All but Mayowa are expected to sit Saturday.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer*
Given the early looks in scout team, don't look for Ezekiel Elliott to play Saturday with Darren McFadden taking the first team work. Jaylon Smith is working as the first team middle linebacker

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Can someone post a clip of Jaylon playing after the game on here?

I will be sailing a boat from Seattle to Los Angeles for three to four weeks so I will miss the rest of preseason. I'm really curious to see how Jaylon looks. I'm sure it will only be a series or two.

I "should" have intermittent internet access so I hope to be able to stay connected to some degree. The boat also has direct TV but I will be on the flight up during Saturday's game. Neither of these two options are guaranteed. So my only chance to connect to cell or internet providers will be when we hit a fuel dock

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Can someone post a clip of Jaylon playing after the game on here?

I will be sailing a boat from Seattle to Los Angeles for three to four weeks so I will miss the rest of preseason. I'm really curious to see how Jaylon looks. I'm sure it will only be a series or two.

I "should" have intermittent internet access so I hope to be able to stay connected to some degree. The boat also has direct TV but I will be on the flight up during Saturday's game. Neither of these two options are guaranteed. So my only chance to connect to cell or internet providers will be when we hit a fuel dock

Sailing over Cowboys preseason games? Some fan you are....

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sailing over Cowboys preseason games? Some fan you are....

I just told him we had to get this done before the season opener

So we are leaving Saturday. I'm hoping it will take closer to 2 weeks and no more than 3

Plus I'm getting paid well to take an all expense paid vacation to help him captain this boat back home. So I can't complain. I can think of worse ways to spend a couple weeks then at sea on a yacht

Although I will not be happy if we are still not back by Sept 10th!

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Broaddus has been reporting that McFadden hasnt been doing a great job of picking up the blitz in scrimmages. Between that and two new O Line starters it would hardly be a shock if Dak had some issues.

Top Bottom