English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I honestly wonder if they don't think if Dak gets hurt, it's fine to tank the season and get a better draft pick. Worked two years ago and the media ate it up like candy.

Because yeah, Moore is awful. They can't really think he can play for any length of time.

Depends if Dak goes down early or late in the season and what our record is at the time. If Jerry somehow thinks (in his warped mind) that this team still has a shot at a Championship, I suspect he'll be straight on the phone to Romo.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would rather tank the season and take the high first round pic than have Romo come back for another game and broken back

Humpty Dumpty can stay in the announcing booth from now on

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Garrett will get a mulligan for this season. Middie was right, this red-headed fuck does have a horse shoe up his ass.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Bob Sturm insists that Jerry does consider Tony the real backup and he'd get him out of the booth if Dak got hurt for any length of time.

I can't see it though. Maybe Jerry thinks that way, but I don't think Tony could quit the #1 job at CBS.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I honestly wonder if they don't think if Dak gets hurt, it's fine to tank the season and get a better draft pick. Worked two years ago and the media ate it up like candy.

Because yeah, Moore is awful. They can't really think he can play for any length of time.

It's excruciating watching Moore play in the pre-season, let alone the regular season. I could honestly say I might not even watch. It's that grossly embarrassing. This season is starting to feel like like a let down after a good 2016 season which the MO for this coaching staff.

I think you mentioned it earlier.....this team doesn't treat pre-season as a way to prepare the team for the season. They play tentative to avoid injuries and you can see it with some guys on the field when they make business decisions. I can see that philosophy with your QB, Zeke, Witten and the corner stones. But it just seems like it's a mind-set with the team.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Romo is not coming back and he shouldn't. The game is too hard to begin with, let alone when someone sits out of practice for an extended period of time. Jones knows that a Romo comeback if Dak goes down would be a huge splash. Winning doesn't matter; keep the team in the spotlight like some fucking soap opera. It's all about the entertainment factor. That's his marketing and business acumen talking and not any football/GM knowledge of which he has very little.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Missed the game due to a wedding. Sounds like Moore stunk up the joint. The thing is, they knew he was terrible and doubled down anyway. He's short and has a college arm at best. He won't save us the way Dak did last year if something goes awry.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just finished the first half

Moore is pure shit! I have no idea why he's still on the team. I don't care if he's the coaches lap dog. He needs to be gone

Rico has a good pair of hands on him. He looks solid as hell catching the ball. Now he just needs to learn how to block and he might be something some day

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I know he is doing it against reserves but Gathers is starting to intrigue me. He has the look of what Escobar was supposed to be, a red zone threat.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I know he is doing it against reserves but Gathers is starting to intrigue me. He has the look of what Escobar was supposed to be, a red zone threat.

I want to see Rico against a 1st team defense to see how he does, because he is absolutely beasting against reserves.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I want to see Rico against a 1st team defense to see how he does, because he is absolutely beasting against reserves.

His hands are really good. He really seems to be running good routes too. He needs to work on his blocking though. If not he might not be any better than Bennett when he was here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bob Sturm insists that Jerry does consider Tony the real backup and he'd get him out of the booth if Dak got hurt for any length of time.

I can't see it though. Maybe Jerry thinks that way, but I don't think Tony could quit the #1 job at CBS.

That's what was reported when he retired, that the only situation he'd come back for was as an injury replacement for Prescott.

It's a fine plan if it weren't for the fact that Romo basically cant take a hit without getting injured.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
His hands are really good. He really seems to be running good routes too. He needs to work on his blocking though. If not he might not be any better than Bennett when he was here.

What the hell are you talking about? Bennett excelled in his blocking. At that time he was one of the best blocking TERs in the league, because pretty much that is all he mainly did at Texas A & M.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about? Bennett excelled in his blocking. At that time he was one of the best blocking TERs in the league, because pretty much that is all he mainly did at Texas A & M.

I meant in his effectiveness. And he was ok but by no means was he one the best blocking TE's in the game.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I meant in his effectiveness. And he was ok but by no means was he one the best blocking TE's in the game.
Yeah he was, thats why the running game declined when he left. The thing about him that used piss me off was, just like Roy Williams WR, when he dropped one that hit him in the hands or numbers, he would go back to the huddle with a big smile on his stupid face. Wish somebody would have wiped that smile off his face with their cleats.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

In his prime, Jason Witten was the best all-around TE in the game. He excelled in pass catching as well as blocking. When Witten entered the league, he was not that great of a blocker. Parcells put him with Dan Campbell, and he soon evolved into a much better blocker. When Bennett came into the league he was much further along in blocking than when Witten came into the league.

Last edited:
Top Bottom