Reaction score
watch it

common-scold.gif

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer*
With the afternoon practice about to start the following players will not practice: Jason Witten, Sean Lee, Dez Bryant, Darren McFadden, Tyrone Crawford and Orlando Scandrick. After working in back to back full-padded practices Jaylon Smith will also have the day off.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
camp cupcake is back in action

It sux and they do coddle our guys too much, but a lot of this is due to that ridiculous CBA agreement that great limits how practices can be run in the OTA's, Mini Camps and especially Training Camp now.

I remember going to 3 days of Jimmy's training camp in 1992 (Austin) and coming away thinking it was almost like watching real football.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Didnt want to create a separate thread for this and this is a good a place as any to put it, but have any of you seen in ESPNU the program about the 1964 Arkansas national champions? I found it pretty interesting.

Jerry actually made a play that saved the season, would not have believed it if I had not seen it. I think the two most mind boggling things were that first: this was during segregation and this team was so white that it practically glowed. Second both Jimmy and Jerry were starting linemen on this team in the 180 to 190 pound range. Been some major changes in the last 50 years. I found it worth the watch.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I remember going to 3 days of Jimmy's training camp in 1992 (Austin) and coming away thinking it was almost like watching real football.

Nate has repeatedly said practices back then were harder than the games

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Didnt want to create a separate thread for this and this is a good a place as any to put it, but have any of you seen in ESPNU the program about the 1964 Arkansas national champions? I found it pretty interesting.

Jerry actually made a play that saved the season, would not have believed it if I had not seen it. I think the two most mind boggling things were that first: this was during segregation and this team was so white that it practically glowed. Second both Jimmy and Jerry were starting linemen on this team in the 180 to 190 pound range. Been some major changes in the last 50 years. I found it worth the watch.

Segregation in Arkansas? The hell you say!

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Nate has repeatedly said practices back then were harder than the games

That was Jimmy's thinking. If the practices were that hard then the games would be a cakewalk.

Pretty much every team in the NFL runs a camp cupcake now because of the CBA. A lot of the reason for camp cupcake also stems from that Minnesota OL that died in camp several years ago. Was it Bryant McKinney?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Chaz Green might be the most fragile guy to ever attempt to play in the NFL. He could literally pull a muscle breathing. Disappointing about Lewis. Want the rookie DBs to get all the reps possible. Better now than December I guess.

Nope. Jacob Rogers.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That was Jimmy's thinking. If the practices were that hard then the games would be a cakewalk.

Pretty much every team in the NFL runs a camp cupcake now because of the CBA. A lot of the reason for camp cupcake also stems from that Minnesota OL that died in camp several years ago. Was it Bryant McKinney?

No. Korey Stringer.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
daa40e4871f4b1dc5ed3fccc8de68d26.jpg

So pretty much all of the players we wanted to see will not be playing in Thursday's HOF game

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It is what it is

Not only is it a preseason game, it's a fifth and extra preseason game. So I wasn't expecting much. But I did expect maybe a series with the 1's before they tossed the 2's out there.

But they aren't even bringing this years draft class to the game lol

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
daa40e4871f4b1dc5ed3fccc8de68d26.jpg

So pretty much all of the players we wanted to see will not be playing in Thursday's HOF game

I really wasn't overly excited about Justin Durant or David Irvin taking the field in week one of 5 weeks of preseason games

Top Bottom