MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Can someone post a clip of Jaylon playing after the game on here?

I will be sailing a boat from Seattle to Los Angeles for three to four weeks so I will miss the rest of preseason. I'm really curious to see how Jaylon looks. I'm sure it will only be a series or two.

I "should" have intermittent internet access so I hope to be able to stay connected to some degree. The boat also has direct TV but I will be on the flight up during Saturday's game. Neither of these two options are guaranteed. So my only chance to connect to cell or internet providers will be when we hit a fuel dock

I would but I'm taking my yacht to the Keys for the next couple weeks.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Every year the Jags are the team that's gonna bust into the playoffs.

And every year they suck. Based on what I saw tonight, another top-5 pick (or close) is likely.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Didn't their 1st rounder Ramsey get injured in preseason last year?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Their coach announce today that the starting QB job is an open competition between Bortles and Henne too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Ramsey played all yr last yr, he was held out of the game last night as was their other starting CB.

I think you might be thinking of DE Dante Fowler, he blew out his knee before training camp his rookie yr (2015 draft)

Wasn't particularly good when he was on the field last yr, aparrently has had a mediocre camp this year and also got into some off-field trouble. He is quickly approaching bust territory.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Every year the Jags are the team that's gonna bust into the playoffs.

And every year they suck. Based on what I saw tonight, another top-5 pick (or close) is likely.

More like Top 10 or 15 pick. Henne will win enough games to keep them from getting that Top 5 pick.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
More like Top 10 or 15 pick. Henne will win enough games to keep them from getting that Top 5 pick.

We'll see. I know its only preseason, but that didn't look like a very good team on the field at all (on either side of the field). I realize neither starting CB played for them, but their starting front 7 was extremely mediocre and both starting safeties played.

Their OL was horrendous too.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ramsey played all yr last yr, he was held out of the game last night as was their other starting CB.

I think you might be thinking of DE Dante Fowler, he blew out his knee before training camp his rookie yr (2015 draft)

Wasn't particularly good when he was on the field last yr, aparrently has had a mediocre camp this year and also got into some off-field trouble. He is quickly approaching bust territory.

I would take Fowler on the Cowboys yesterday.

Fun fact. His younger brother is our starting RB this year at Mesa CC.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I would take Fowler on the Cowboys yesterday.

Fun fact. His younger brother is our starting RB this year at Mesa CC.

Sounds like older brother has some motivation/work ethic issues.

If that's true he might be available pretty soon for free.

He had one good pass rush last night (resulted in a fumble that their guys couldn't recover) but otherwise was pretty much dominated by every OT Tampa out there. Gruden was pretty dismissive of him during the broadcast.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We'll see. I know its only preseason, but that didn't look like a very good team on the field at all (on either side of the field). I realize neither starting CB played for them, but their starting front 7 was extremely mediocre and both starting safeties played.

Mike Lombardi was just on the Rich Eisen show and he was just killing Bortles and Goff. Said NFL game is about anticipating receivers coming open, something Bortles has no ability to do. Said Goff has absolutely no feel for the game. He wasnt a great GM but hit the nail square on these comments.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Local media in L.A. is touting Goff as the second coming of Christ out here

Whereas the Rams fans are bashing him left and right

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Local media in L.A. is touting Goff as the second coming of Christ out here

Whereas the Rams fans are bashing him left and right

I thought I read he threw 4 or 5 picks in practice the other day.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He may have

But local media still love this kid

The fans, not so much. It's put up or shut up time for most fans. Sure there are plenty of homers but there is a growing number of fans that are extremely critical of him

Last year it was "oh he's just learning a pro offense"

This year it's "he better fucking win. We gave up too much for this kid to be a bust"

The weird thing is that it doesn't seem like the locals or local media truly consider the Chargers an L.A. team.

You never hear shit about them. I think I've seen one single update on the local news about the Chargers and that was because it was a double practice with the Rams. Whereas I see shit on the Rams everyday

And I hate the Chargers so I'm fine with that!

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

But.. but... Barry Church said they're better than the Cowboys

Top Bottom