Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
At least we don't have to worry about them taking Zeke out to put in Dunbar on 3rd down this season

JPP1974

Ready for Summertime
Reaction score
Yeah as really that is something as need Zeke is needed on 3rd down.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tyrone Crawford was carted off the field at the end of practice today with a right leg injury

Apparently it looked really bad (there's still pics of it and it looked ugly) but he's been diagnosed with Lateral Ankle Sprain, which I guess isn't as bad as a high ankle sprain. Apparently they believe he is out rest of training camp/preseason but might be ready for opener.

They gave Crawford a bad contract but he's a high effort guy who has showed he can play hurt and has a lot of position flex. With Irving and Moore (who I am still not 100% sure will make the team anyway) already suspended for 4 and 2 games, losing Crawford to start the season would hurt us some.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i'm preparing myself for a lot of screaming and yelling at the tv as i watch teams beat on dallas's swiss cheese defense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tyron Smith shut down again due to "back tightness"

Almost assuredly wont play this weekend and I wonder if he plays next weekend.

Not having him in there definitely worrisome with Prescott likely to play Sat night and almoast assuredly seeing extensive action in games 3 and 4.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jaylon Smith apparently being held out again Saturday night too. Speculation is he will play the following week however.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jaylon Smith apparently being held out again Saturday night too. Speculation is he will play the following week however.

Well of course because a year and half after the surgery that extra week off will really pay dividends.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Tyrone Crawford was carted off the field at the end of practice today with a right leg injury

They can just cut his constantly injured ass. Makes no impact when he plays anyway, which is about half the time. Another brilliant extension because we all know other teams were falling all over themselves to get him.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
i'm preparing myself for a lot of screaming and yelling at the tv as i watch teams beat on dallas's swiss cheese defense.

No way that happens. The zoners have Jones and Jaylon Pro Bowl bound, so with them patrolling the center of the field we are looking top 3 defense.

Reaction score
These guys are out of shape. Too many dudes in the tub already.

And, yeah, on Jaylon -- I'll believe when I see it. until then, I still consider him to be vaporware.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Happens every year. I have no way to prove it but I suspect our guys miss more training camp practices than just about anyone.

Some are legit injuries I know, but it's a year over year thing where it seems like way too many guys just don't practice enough.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Jones Boys (Garrett included) see camp as a place where players get hurt more than a place to prepare the team to play well.

So the more they sit out, the better.

I'm sure Belichick agrees with that.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Way too young to be punking out of practice with a stiff back. I'm getting a Kevin Brooks vibe from this guy.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've said this the last couple seasons, we seem to have a greater amount of back and hamstring injuries each preseason than the rest of the teams

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

Sean Lee just walked into the locker room area. He was not limping noticeably. He went through the early part of practice. The Cowboys will be as deliberate with Lee as they are with Tyron Smith, who is missing his second straight practice with a tight back.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

Sean Lee just walked into the locker room area. He was not limping noticeably. He went through the early part of practice. The Cowboys will be as deliberate with Lee as they are with Tyron Smith, who is missing his second straight practice with a tight back.

Most important player on defense, not exactly made of titanium. If he goes down, the defense will give up 35 points a game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Green bay and Philly combined for 10 fumbles tonight.

Eagles DE Derek Barnett had two sacks and apparently was real impressive.

Broncos offense was flagged for 9 holding penalties. Paxton Lynch was extremely ho-hum

Mitch Trubisky and Deshone Kizer looked good in their debuts.

Top Bottom