dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Kinda sounds like the Jimmy Johnson to RoH talk is heating up again.

Jimmy is a HoF coach in my opinion, but like many other deserving Cowboys I'm sure he will be ignored by the voters.

That said, there's absolutely NO QUESTION he should be in the RoH. I hope Johnny Walker GM does the right thing (finally)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's one of the excerpts from Jones speech last night. He mentioned Jimmy on 3 separate occasions according to what I read (I didn't watch)

“I wanted someone I knew well. I wanted someone that could get it done to be our coach. I wanted Jimmy Johnson,” Jones said. “I said he’d be worth five first-round draft choices or five Heisman Trophy winners. Of course, I sure did get laughed out of town when I said it. It was my first experience as an owner and a general manager – a difficult and very unpopular decision. Jimmy, it was a great decision. You were a great teammate. You were a great partner. Contrary to popular belief, we worked so well together for five years and restored the Cowboys’ credibility with our fans. We were back-to-back; we were driven; we had thick skin; we took all the criticism they could dish out. I thank you.”

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Lucky Whitehead is really making a strong impression early up there. We will surely rue the day we let this great talent escape.

Kevin @KS1988NYJ
Lucky Whitehead muffs a punt, misjudges next one, bobbles third #JetsCamp #Jets

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Obi-Drunk Jerry said:
I wanted someone that could get it done to be our coach. I wanted Jimmy Johnson
So had Tex Schramm, jackass. Tex had been recruiting Jimmy for at least three years before you had the slightest inkling you might buy the team. Hiring Jimmy was a total no-brainer, as was drafting Aikman #1 - that was already a done deal by the time of "Mia's Night."

Just to keep the record straight.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This isn't about Cowboys camp but thought you might find this interesting.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer*

Tyron Smith (back), Maliek Collins (hip), Ryan Switzer (hamstring) and David Irving (ankle) are expected to work slowly back into practice today after missing time the first two weeks of camp. They took part in the morning walkthrough.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tapper looked pretty decent the other night, showed some explosion off the ball and speed.

Today shows up for practice, promptly gets hurt, heads to trainers tent and then the locker room. No word on what it is.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Tapper looked pretty decent the other night, showed some explosion off the ball and speed.

Today shows up for practice, promptly gets hurt, heads to trainers tent and then the locker room. No word on what it is.

Counting on him or Chaz Green or anybody else who spends more time in the whirl pool than the field is foolish. I'd be surprised if he plays in 8 games this year.

Reaction score
Switzer is working out with second team today. That's a good start.

In other bad news, TWilly is still on the team. What is interesting about this training camp is TWilly has been getting bubble screens, jet sweeps and high percentage passes. Other than his bubble screens looking very awkward (he dances around waiting for the pass to hit him in the sternum), it's a good strategy on the part of the coaches. Give him the stuff he can do and the other 95% of the responsibilities of a Coryell #2WR give to someone who can. Like Beasley.
Film Room: Dak Prescott’s incredible rookie season | Dallas Cowboys (NFL Breakdowns Ep. 79) - YouTube
Look at this: Beasley is not only always open but open for TDs. I'm sure the Dallas film staff are not overlooking these Beasley opportunities. A big step would be to feature Beasley from the slot, use Dez across the field, Butler long and TWilly for LOS 3rd down stuff. Switzer sprinkled between TWilly and Butlers reps.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Tyrone Crawford was carted off the field at the end of practice today with a right leg injury

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Look at this: Beasley is not only always open but open for TDs. I'm sure the Dallas film staff are not overlooking these Beasley opportunities. A big step would be to feature Beasley from the slot, use Dez across the field, Butler long and TWilly for LOS 3rd down stuff. Switzer sprinkled between TWilly and Butlers reps.
What would make this the most scary offense since "The Greatest Show on Turf" would be to take the above suggestions, combine them with more touches in the passing game for Zeke, and never, EVER take Zeke off the field. His superior pass blocking and his constant looming threat is what will open it all up for the rest of the receving corps.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
What would make this the most scary offense since "The Greatest Show on Turf" would be to take the above suggestions, combine them with more touches in the passing game for Zeke, and never, EVER take Zeke off the field. His superior pass blocking and his constant looming threat is what will open it all up for the rest of the receving corps.

Run him into the ground. I agree, get every ounce you can out of him. Absolutely no reason he should come out of the game if he is healthy. They could eat teams alive with the screen. He's the team's best 3rd down option. He could easily have 3 or 4 of those screens like he had in Pittsburgh where he took it to the house.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Run him into the ground. I agree, get every ounce you can out of him. Absolutely no reason he should come out of the game if he is healthy. They could eat teams alive with the screen. He's the team's best 3rd down option. He could easily have 3 or 4 of those screens like he had in Pittsburgh where he took it to the house.
Even just the THREAT he represents by being on the field, opens up opportunities for the rest of the offense.

Top Bottom