theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We all know this team is going to live and (mostly die) by the defense. I agree what is written about in these camp reports is mostly just to feed fan interest. I will however say two things are troubling so far: First that they are seemingly counting on DeMontre Moore to make the team and be a contributor when everything about the guy says bonehead, and we are just as likely to see him blown out of there before they leave Oxnard. Case in point already suspended. Second is that Taco seems to have shown very little in the pass rush department so far and only seems to have had much any success against Cleary who is 50/50 to make the roster. Yeah its early but I dont like the trend so far.

Reaction score
Thank you. I learned years ago that camp reports are about 95% bunk.

If everyone raves about a player the entire few weeks, then yes, he probably has something. But learning anything off a couple of tweeted videos of single plays? Proclamations off what sportswriters see when they barely know what they're looking at? Naw.

And I have to add, the reports if anything seem to have gotten more homeristic the last few years. The DMN is barely distinguishable from DC.com anymore.

I got into a back and forth with Broaddus after he said that he had Noah Brown as a first round talent after the Oklahoma game. I told him that he scouts like Terrance Williams high points and maybe that's why he is employed as a reporter and not a scout anymore.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I got into a back and forth with Broaddus after he said that he had Noah Brown as a first round talent after the Oklahoma game. I told him that he scouts like Terrance Williams high points and maybe that's why he is employed as a reporter and not a scout anymore.

:lol Broaddus is so pathetic. I bet he got really upset with you for questioning him.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Unfortunately he would still be here in 2018. One of the beat writers said it would have to 3-5 win season for Garrett to get sacked because Jerry is comfortable with him. 3-5 win season would take a slew of injuries there by justifying his return in the circular reasoning of the FO. Apparently Jerry slept through the season where Cassel won 11 games in NE, you know where coaching actually has a stake in the outcome of games.

Jerry was comfortable with Wade and Campo as well. If the Cowboys fail to make the playoffs this season. listen for the media to really go in on Garrett. Jerry will not be able to ignore that.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He basically went nuts over the "Jerry Jones Deathwatch" thread being stuck to the top of the forum, and chose to express his anger by vandalizing the thread with 50 or so flood posts. When those were deleted he claimed "Nazi" and split. He is not banned or in any way restricted from returning.

What happened to Cowboysloyal and Bob Sacamano? Haven't seen C-loyal for almost 2 years in posting, and Bob... about a few months now.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
What happened to Cowboysloyal and Bob Sacamano? Haven't seen C-loyal for almost 2 years in posting, and Bob... about a few months now.

Bob posted a coupla weeks ago I'm pretty sure, and I never heard of the other one, he was before my time. I should check the ban list I suppose, and lift the 100 or so bans Mid did while he had the ability. Again, before my time. But he was awful ban-happy for a guy who liked to bitch about a slow board.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like Jourdan Lewis is gonna miss a few weeks with a hamstring pull.

And just when you thought maybe Chaz Green was coming along, now he's hurt (again) and Jones says he is going to miss several weeks with a shoulder injury.

Also thought I read somewhere that 7th rd pick Joey Ivie has a back injury and hasn't practiced this week, but cant find it now. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Our Training Camp/pre-season is always a hamstring injury factory

It seems like every single year we have a high percentage of players come up lame with pulled Hammy's

Wtf is the team doing wrong? Other teams have hammy issues in the pre-season too. But nothing like we have every year

Same thing with back issues

Maybe we need to overhaul our training staff altogether

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Chaz Green might be the most fragile guy to ever attempt to play in the NFL. He could literally pull a muscle breathing. Disappointing about Lewis. Want the rookie DBs to get all the reps possible. Better now than December I guess.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We play Denver in week two of the regular season and they have two guys down with significant injuries that might miss our game. LB Shane Ray and RB Devontae Booker are both hurt.

Also read Ronald Leary has had groin problems for a few days now but its not believed serious.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Noah Brown had a TD catch tonight in the scrimmage.

Also read that Tapper and Charlton had good days again.

Read that Xavier Woods could be moving to 2nd team safety ahead of either Blanton or Frazier soon.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Looks like Jourdan Lewis is gonna miss a few weeks with a hamstring pull.

And just when you thought maybe Chaz Green was coming along, now he's hurt (again) and Jones says he is going to miss several weeks with a shoulder injury.

Also thought I read somewhere that 7th rd pick Joey Ivie has a back injury and hasn't practiced this week, but cant find it now. Maybe someone else can confirm.

This was posted an hour ago.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I was watching practice on FB live and watching the comments roll by. Surperised by the number of Romo haters among the fan base.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Chaz Green might be the most fragile guy to ever attempt to play in the NFL. He could literally pull a muscle breathing. Disappointing about Lewis. Want the rookie DBs to get all the reps possible. Better now than December I guess.

With Chaz out again who's the top swing tackle? How has Skipper looked?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
With Chaz out again who's the top swing tackle? How has Skipper looked?

I guess it would be Emmett Cleary as the swing T. Byron Bell is listed as a T but I thought I read he had been playing mostly G.

Skipper has been solely at G I think. I read he has had some moments through the week but thought I read he had a bad day yesterday.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Chaz Green might be the most fragile guy to ever attempt to play in the NFL. .

Really sounds like Chaz Green had a significant lead on Cooper and Bell to be the starting LG. Cooper has been so-so at best and he got beat a few times last night I read.

Top Bottom