dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ryan Switzer down with the dreaded hamstring problem, sounds like there is some concern it could be serious.

Maliek Collins was out today with that hip flexor. Anytime I see Jones' saying it's basically nothing and precaution (like yesterday with Collins), it seems it's always something and ends up causing substantial time missed. We really cant afford to lose him IMO.

I guess Tyrone Crawford got tired of getting his ass handed to him by our OL, and started a huge fight with Z Martin.

I read Prescott actually threw a pick today (Anthony Brown pick 6 I believe) in team drills and it was noted it was his first interception of any kind all offseason in any practices.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Good god man. It's been two padded practices in their entire pro lives and the Cowboys already know how good Switzer will be?

And Awuzie has a championship feel? STFU, rookie.

Can we slow down the hype train a little bit? Maybe wait until their first meaningless preseason game even?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good god man. It's been two padded practices in their entire pro lives and the Cowboys already know how good Switzer will be?

It wouldn't be hard to tell that the guy is eons better than Lucky Whitehead.

And Awuzie has a championship feel? STFU, rookie.

You are talking about a team where for years our DB's have been allergic to the football. Awuzie has come in and made plays. Not hard to see why people would be impressed, even if it is just the start of training camp.

Can we slow down the hype train a little bit? Maybe wait until their first meaningless preseason game even?

Well Zoners have already labeled Taco a bust and are out there with the Morris is better than Elliott non sense again, so there's that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
A 8-8 finish is coming... You can already FEEL it.

Maybe. Though if the offense stays healthy that alone should be good for 9-10 wins IMO. We have a great kicker and Switzer almost assuredly will be an upgrade for the return game, so ST should be pretty good too.

The defense will undoubtedly have ups and downs with all the young guys being expected to play so much, but they are also faster, have more field range and seem to make more plays already than the guys they replaced.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
To help combat negativity at the DCU.

sexy-texas-rangers-fan-6_display_image.jpg

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
tweets from cowboys camp day 4

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
A 8-8 finish is coming... You can already FEEL it.

I don't see how, mostly because I think Dak is going to be the real deal.

But yeah, almost everything from this year has been exactly like every other year following a winning season -- the circus is in extra high gear and even the Joneses (like Stephen in the tweet above) are talking too big. Almost no one is showing humility and emphasizing that we really need to be on top of our game if we want to have a chance to win games. That only happens after the bad years.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It wouldn't be hard to tell that the guy is eons better than Lucky Whitehead.

That isn't saying much though.

The main point is, what happened to emphasizing that we don't even know if these rookies can play yet? It's about the attitude. There's a reason Parcells had the first rookie picked fetch his water for him. Steve and Jerry, on the other hand, are already feeding the media with tales of what a great pick they made.

You are talking about a team where for years our DB's have been allergic to the football. Awuzie has come in and made plays. Not hard to see why people would be impressed, even if it is just the start of training camp.

I didn't say anything about his ability. I said something about his mouth. You're a rookie who has never played even a single preseason down in this league. You have no idea what a championship defense looks like.

But FWIW... I'm not impressed with picking Kellen Moore or whatever third spare we have. Moore is horrible. We won't be playing any QBs as untalented as him this year.

Well Zoners have already labeled Taco a bust and are out there with the Morris is better than Elliott non sense again, so there's that.
I can't imagine anyone thinking that.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't see how, mostly because I think Dak is going to be the real deal.
I think he IS the real deal... But I also think they're going to be pushing him to "improve" his game by making more of the bigger throws. Instead of just nurturing his native habit of protecting the ball. I think he winds up being a turnover machine if Garrett has his way with him.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think he IS the real deal... But I also think they're going to be pushing him to "improve" his game by making more of the bigger throws. Instead of just nurturing his native habit of protecting the ball. I think he winds up being a turnover machine if Garrett has his way with him.
I wonder about that, too, with the talk of him wanting the playbook expanded, etc.

I think he can probably handle anything, but I do wonder why you'd change anything from what we did last year.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I wonder about that, too, with the talk of him wanting the playbook expanded, etc.

I think he can probably handle anything, but I do wonder why you'd change anything from what we did last year.
Hopefully it's a totally unfounded worry and Dak's native respect for the ball permeates everything he does and cannot be coached out of him. Despite the best efforts of the Red Scare.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I could see him going from 4 picks to something like 8-10. A turnover machine IMO would be 15-16. I will say based on what I have read that Dak is a film junkie. As such he should be able to overcome the coaching staff and avoid a massive sophomore slump. Picks will come from going down field more, something IMO that has to happen.

Top Bottom