Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Has anyone ever attended training camp for the team in Oxnard?

It would be an hour drive for me which isn't bad because I have friends up there I could visit afterwards

My question is it worth the drive?

what kind of access would I have and what would I actually be able to see?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have been to training camp in Oxnard. I enjoy it because the weather is usually cool there during the dog days of summer. You have to pay somewhere between 10 to 15 dollars to park in dirt parking lot surrounding the place. Admission is free and bleacher seating is limited. There was some kind of club you could join for like 20 bucks (silver and blue I think?) where you can get closer to the action in a roped off sideline area. If you want to take pictures you might pay the 20 bucks, though I did not. If you go on the weekend or during the scrimmage, the place is usually mobbed. If you go during the week you will have more elbow room. They have food and souveigneirs if you want to spend money on that. You do see the Oxnard gang element hanging around there (plenty of neck tattoos on both men and women) but there is security everywhere and I have never personally witnessed a problem, and most are Cowboy fans anyway.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have been to training camp in Oxnard. I enjoy it because the weather is usually cool there during the dog days of summer. You have to pay somewhere between 10 to 15 dollars to park in dirt parking lot surrounding the place. Admission is free and bleacher seating is limited. There was some kind of club you could join for like 20 bucks (silver and blue I think?) where you can get closer to the action in a roped off sideline area. If you want to take pictures you might pay the 20 bucks, though I did not. If you go on the weekend or during the scrimmage, the place is usually mobbed. If you go during the week you will have more elbow room. They have food and souveigneirs if you want to spend money on that. You do see the Oxnard gang element hanging around there (plenty of neck tattoos on both men and women) but there is security everywhere and I have never personally witnessed a problem, and most are Cowboy fans anyway.

Thanks theoneandonly

That was exactly what I was looking to find out. I think I'll go this year. I'm curious to see the gimp in action and see for myself if we wasted our second round pick from last season. I tend to not take much stock in what the Cowboys talking heads say about how he is coming along.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
what would I actually be able to see?

hopefully jeri!

When you see him, sneak a fiver in your palm right before you shake hands, wink and say:

"that's from a real fan, don't spend it all in one place"

Then do an about face and walk away with both hands straight up in the air shooting the bird

L5FMq85.gif

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Isn't Oxnard a haven for gang activity too?

Yep and they go to the camp. Oxnard PD are security at the camp (they dont put up with any shit) and I have never seen any problems with them. Think the Vegas strip. Heavy police presence because you cant scare the tourists off when something goes wrong, same thing. Also most of the gangsters are Cowboy fans so maybe that is another reason they are on their best behavior when they are around.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Raiders have a shit ton more gangster fans than the Cowboys here in SoCal

I think when they jump you in you automatically get a free Raidaaaaaz hat

Reaction score
Yes. What will be the mantra this year for Garrett's summer sports camp that we think is a preparation for an NFL team to play next season?
What's going to be in the tee-shirts?
"Pass the test"
"You down with OTC?"
"Go red or go home"
"No seriously,finish the fight this time"

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Yes. What will be the mantra this year for Garrett's summer sports camp that we think is a preparation for an NFL team to play next season?
What's going to be in the tee-shirts?
"Pass the test"
"You down with OTC?"
"Go red or go home"
"No seriously,finish the fight this time"
"Just say no."

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Do you know if they allow video cameras?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Oxnard CA, attending Training Camp

I'll see if I can get some video of mr Drop foot so we can see for ourselves how he's doing and not have to rely on mass media and their version of what they want us to see

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That always makes me think of pulp fiction

Bring out da geeeeimp

Top Bottom