Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Gisele says Tom Brady had a concussion during the 2016 season. The NFL says no concussion or head injury to brady was ever reported to them. The Patriots say Tom was never injured.

Gisele started all of this this morning, on the SeeBS morning show. The league says it is investigating.

Is she just mistaken? I find it hard to believe a spouse would be mistaken about something this specific. Certainly, she's not lying, right?

And what does this mean if it is found that indeed he DID have a concussion, and the Patriots covered it up?

Tom Brady of New England Patriots has dealt with concussions, according to wife Gisele Bundchen

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Meh. One, I bet every team does stuff like this with injuries. Two, the independent evaluator must not have thought he was concussed (though of course he still could have been). Three, how does Giselle know he was truly concussed?

Concussion is so hard to define anyway. It's a fine line between getting hit in the head but still okay and "officially" concussed.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Meh. One, I bet every team does stuff like this with injuries. Two, the independent evaluator must not have thought he was concussed (though of course he still could have been). Three, how does Giselle know he was truly concussed?

Concussion is so hard to define anyway. It's a fine line between getting hit in the head but still okay and "officially" concussed.
If someone from the team told Gisele Tom received a concussion, and it wasn't reported to the league, then you got a problem here. Interestingly, Gisele hasn't explained further or walked back her statement and neither Tom or his Agent returned multiple requests for comment.

Dunno if there's something here or not, it's just really odd she would say that so specifically.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Boston writers and sports talk shows are spinning that the wife is trying to pressure Brady into retirement.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Boston writers and sports talk shows are spinning that the wife is trying to pressure Brady into retirement.

Sounds about right to me, in interview Brady said she told him after the SB win that he could retire now and Brady said no way, I've got the game figured out, I'm not quitting now

Why would she say this? She's probably pissed he won't retire and is used to getting her way, manipulative bitch

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Sounds about right to me, in interview Brady said she told him after the SB win that he could retire now and Brady said no way, I've got the game figured out, I'm not quitting now

Why would she say this? She's probably pissed he won't retire and is used to getting her way, manipulative bitch

If so she has no idea the can of worms she's opened.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i bet brady uses a concussion as an excuse at home to get out of going to or doing stupid shit with his wife. brady didn't go with her to the save the kangaroos benefit dinner and tons of other bullshit.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Sadly, this is exactly when he should retire, no major injuries, GOAT status achieved. Still young. Still able to walk etc. But he won't and it'll take someone destroying his back, arm, neck etc to get him to finally go off into the sunset. Hell, it was hard enough to get Romo to stop playing and that guy was starting to achieve bionic status with the back stuff. No player wants to hear it's time to quit and while Brady could win God knows how many more super bowls before retiring, the game has a lot of odds stacked against him right now. It'd only take a domino or three and he goes from retired with a contract calling sports or whatever he wants or retired unable to pick up his kid much less walk or sit somewhere. I dunno. Guys on top hardly ever stop before they have to so /shrug.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Why did nothing come of this? The story just kind of faded away into the sunset with no resolution

Top Bottom