MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
2018 Draft: The Offseason starts now

Capers is fucking horrible, but that's the guy Garrett wanted to join wade's staff back in 2007 or 2008 and the pussy DC we had cried about it.

That said, Capers is a career 3-4 guy, bringing him here wouldn't make any sense at all.

Didn’t Green Bay make him switch to a 4-3 at some point?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Didn’t Green Bay make him switch to a 4-3 at some point?

I'm sure like most teams they played a blend, but he's a 3-4 guy at heart.

He's old as hell and his defenses have been horrible for years now. No way would I want him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
By the way, since 2007 how many seasons of failure ended with Jerry saying "the pieces are all in place for a real run"??

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
we're so close to a super bowl i can taste it. this team just needs a little more coaching up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
we're so close to a super bowl i can taste it. this team just needs a little more coaching up.

Yeah what's sad he Jones actually said that, and yet he is sticking with a HC that has proven without any shred of doubt that he CANNOT coach anyone up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't want to get overly excited about these numbers because of who some of the opponents & circumstances were, but these are impressive nonetheless. And the last 4 we did without David Irving.

Last 5 games of season:

Total yds allowed per game: Washington 280, NYG 330, Raiders 293, Seattle 136, Philly 219 5 AVERAGE: 251.6

Points allowed: 14, 10, 17, 21, 0 (note, 7 pts vs Seattle was on pick 6 of Prescott) 5 GAME AVERAGE: 10.6 (9.2 if you take away the pick 6)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The level of stupidity and ignorance with this is beyond words really.

"It's not even a thought for me,” Jones said on The Fan. “I do like the fact that we've invested, if you will. We've got several years of Jason evolving in this profession in the NFL. There's no question the familiarity with teams that we're playing, especially in our division, is a big plus. You pay a big price when you make a change at the head coach. You pay some price when you make a change at any position coach situation. On the other hand, freshness we're talking about, new ideas, nothing set in stone, that's a plus too. But I think that Jason's in a good spot. We're in a good spot with Jason. He certainly has the mentality of doing things differently. Again not just to be doing them differently, but basically recognizing that we've got some things we do need to do differently. We'll make that happen through our assistant coaches.”

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So let me get this straight, we have an offense that everybody on the roster bitches about, and everybody on opposition knows what play is coming. So ole Jerry boy is going to double down and bring back every body plus a reinforcement Kellen Moore to help out. Well hell, that makes perfect sense. Probably make Witten in his 16th year the focal point.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So our TE coach also retired

How long until Whitten fills that position?

He said he will play next year.

Maybe not

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It’s been two days of the official off season and we’ve already heard talk of all coordinators and assistant coaches being replaced, the annual Randy Gregory talk has started up again, but not a single fucking word about firing Garrett

On the contrary, Jerry has assured all of Cowboy fandom that Garrett’s job is 100% safe!

Yep, our off season has officially begun

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So Bruce Ariana leaves and now Carson Palmer retires. Good thing they picked up an aging former top tier RB in AP this season

They are all set for next season

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
can we trade dez to seattle for earl thomas and call it a day ???

c'mon seattle, dallas still needs to collect on the romo playoff disaster.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
can we trade dez to seattle for earl thomas and call it a day ???

c'mon seattle, dallas still needs to collect on the romo playoff disaster.

What I cant understand is why Earl Thomas would want to come here with the Clapper on the sideline.

That said, I'd love to see us do something like this. He'd be a great veteran leader for the young DB's we have and when Lee is actually on the field, we'd have two of the most football smart guys there are helping us stop other teams.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
thomas wanting out of seattle is probably a very real possibility considering the comments made between him and wagner, and also the careers of kam chancellor and avril may be over due to injury.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
also i wanna say there was another seahawk who had voiced displeasure and seattle sent him packing,

just cannot think of who? percy harvin maybe? i mean percy is no earl thomas but still.

Top Bottom