dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
CMD has us picking Larry Allen Jr from Harvard in next years draft.

Props for that, I wasn't aware Allen's kid was following in his footsteps.

On the downside, he only shared this info with IdiotZone.

Must be some sort of punishment warranted for this type of behavior.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
To be fair, you guys don't really discuss the draft until the end of the season. You know, like normal people?

I can talk draft year round. I need help.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
To be fair, you guys don't really discuss the draft until the end of the season. You know, like normal people?

I love me some draft, you know that

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Welp, start zeroing in on players who fall between 15-20 in round one in the draft because that is where I see them drafting.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Welp, start zeroing in on players who fall between 15-20 in round one in the draft because that is where I see them drafting.

We should have quite a few extra picks next yr, so moving up from 32 to that area should be doable.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This guy is destined to be a Cowboy, in fact Jerry will probably mortgage the future for him.

It all starts with Arden Key, a terrific pass rusher but puzzling person who will be discussed at length right up until draft day of 2018.

As a player Key has excellent length, movement skills and agility. He’s a terrific edge rusher who plays with proper pad level and easily changes direction or alters his angle of attack. His lack of bulk is a concern, as Key struggles getting off blocks and can be easily controlled at the point.

Does Key project as a 4-3 defensive end? Outside linebacker in a 3-4? I believe he can grow into the former if his head is in the right place -- unfortunately that’s not always the case from what I’ve been told by LSU sources.

When Randy Gregory entered the draft I was constantly quoted as saying, “He’s a talented player on the field but a troubled person off the field,” while I was predicting his fall deep into the second round that year. Hopefully things change for Key, but history could be repeating itself.

Scouting the SEC: LSU | Draft Analyst

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This guy is destined to be a Cowboy, in fact Jerry will probably mortgage the future for him.

It all starts with Arden Key, a terrific pass rusher but puzzling person who will be discussed at length right up until draft day of 2018.

As a player Key has excellent length, movement skills and agility. He’s a terrific edge rusher who plays with proper pad level and easily changes direction or alters his angle of attack. His lack of bulk is a concern, as Key struggles getting off blocks and can be easily controlled at the point.

Does Key project as a 4-3 defensive end? Outside linebacker in a 3-4? I believe he can grow into the former if his head is in the right place -- unfortunately that’s not always the case from what I’ve been told by LSU sources.

When Randy Gregory entered the draft I was constantly quoted as saying, “He’s a talented player on the field but a troubled person off the field,” while I was predicting his fall deep into the second round that year. Hopefully things change for Key, but history could be repeating itself.

Scouting the SEC: LSU | Draft Analyst

You'd have to think that with all of the suspensions lately that we would take any risky player off our board. This team is ready to compete. Jerry is old, Dak is cheap, the O Line is amazing. Right? We have to have learned from all this? Right?

Right?

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You'd have to think that with all of the suspensions later that we would take any risky player off our board. This team is ready to compete. Jerry is old, Dak is cheap, the O Line is amazing. Right? We have to have learned from all this? Right?

Right?

They are likely to have 3-4 extra picks via comp picks, and at least a couple of those could be decent rounds.

If they'll stay away from knuckleheads and draft at least half way smart, we could be set up for years to come from a talent standpoint with the past couple drafts plus next year.

But, we know how the story goes here with Jerruh unfortunately.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They are likely to have 3-4 extra picks via comp picks, and at least a couple of those could be decent rounds.

If they'll stay away from knuckleheads and draft at least half way smart, we could be set up for years to come from a talent standpoint with the past couple drafts plus next year.

But, we know how the story goes here with Jerruh unfortunately.

We'll get 4 compensatory picks (the max) and we traded our 2018 #5 for the 2017 #6 we used to draft Xavier Woods, so we'll have 10 picks.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'll keep the dream alive all season!
To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell
For a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star

Or, in short: "Fight scratch claw!" LOL

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Worth mentioning Darnold had a bad game as well. The QBs that the media are hyping aren't in the best of shape right now. Let us see if they can rebound.

Top Bottom