dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They should probably wait to see who all declares before they go rating the draft class as a whole.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They're idiots, they'll probably try to be smarter than everyone again and trade down for more picks they can throw away.

They can try all they want but everyone knows we have the cleverest FO around. We sign guys off CFL practice squads. Come at me Cleveland!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
21. Dallas Cowboys
Record: 5-3 (.424)
Top needs: TE, DT, RB
The skinny: Jason Witten will turn 36 shortly after the draft and it's time to find the player who'll replace him. Adding a talented defensive tackle who can get upfield could be in play. Both Alfred Morris and Darren McFadden will be free agents, so adding a backup RB should be a possibility.

We might have to start rethinking that draft position.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
especially since 99% of his routes are within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage

I was referring to the #21 overall part.

Seems like we destined to be top-10 at this point rather than bottom 10 or so.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I will be at the Coliseum Saturday night to watch Darnold and Rosen battle in person.

and then the next day I will witness Kellen Clemens (Phillip Rivers - concussion) vs Nathan Peterman (Tyrod Taylor benched) up close.

Woo hoo!!

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I liked Lawson also. I think the knock on him was that he was a tweener - too short and stocky at 6'2" to play DE and that he didn't have the arm length to keep OTs off him. He's playing as an OLB for the Bengals I think.

Edit - no he isn't. They play a 4-3 and he's listed as a DE.

Last edited:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I liked Lawson also. I think the knock on him was that he was a tweener - too short and stocky at 6'2" to play DE and that he didn't have the arm length to keep OTs off him. He's playing as an OLB for the Bengals I think.

Edit - no he isn't. They play a 4-3 and he's listed as a DE.

you might be thinking of one of the alabama guys that came out?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He ignores the TE position but I cant argue the rest.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He ignores the TE position but I cant argue the rest.

He actually mentioned pass catching TE in the "receiver" area.

I like the potential of Noah Brown, but if somehow Calvin Ridley found himself on the board when our pick rolls around I think I might have to rush that card up there with his name on it.

I think Dez is a candidate to get whacked after the season or at least be forced into a major paycut.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Derwin James declared for the draft today and said he was skipping FSU's bowl game.

Top Bottom