cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Okay, before everyone gets upset. This is not what I think will happen. This is just a mock that assumes a few things:

• The Cowboys believe they are close to contending and are a few defensive players away.
  • The team will make the necessary adjustments (exercise Jason WItten's $4 million, restructure players, sign incoming players to extensions lowering their 1st year cap #, etc.)
  • Rumors about teams wanting to trade these veterans are true.

Also, I used CBS Sports rankings for the picks for the Cowboys.

Day One
1(28) Traded to the San Francisco 49ers, who want to jump back into the 1st round to get their QB.
  • Cowboys send the 28th pick to San Francisco for the 34th pick and the 109th pick.

Day Two
2a(34) T.J Watt DE 6-4/252 Wisconsin
usatsi_9646930.jpg

2b(60) Traded to the Seattle Seahawks for Pro Bowl cornerback Richard Sherman
  • Cowboys send the 60th pick and a conditional 2018 pick to Seattle for Richard Sherman CB and the 210th pick.
sherman-3_20161017180309081_6374612_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

3(92) JuJu Smith-Schuster WR 6-1/215 USC
SmithSchuster1920jpg-3688590_frame_01_640x360.jpg

Day Three
4a(109) Justin Evans S 6-0/199 Texas A&M
64851891.jpg

4b(133) Traded to the NY Jets for defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson
sheldonrichardson.jpg

6a(210) Aaron Jones RB 5-9/208 UTEP
6-aaron-jones-ivan-pierre-aguirre.jpg

7a(228) Avery Moss DE 6-3/264 Youngstown State
*picture is from his time at Nebraska
Avery-Moss-Nebraska-Campus-Ban.jpg

7b(246) Treston DeCoud CB 6-2/206 Oregon State
18529932-mmmain.jpg

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
6th and 7th rounds looks OK to me. Not sure about trading out of the first (though I think it is a good idea), Cowboys seem to love the 5th year option you only get in the 1st round.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Richardson isn't even worth a 7th rd pick.

I doubt we have much interest in Sherman. Keep that 2nd and use it on Quincy Wilson, if he's there.

I like the picks you have for us though, but I think Justin Evans ends up going a little higher than where you have him.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
If you can get Richardson for a 4, then go get him, if the cap will let you

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If you can get Richardson for a 4, then go get him, if the cap will let you

The cap has nothing to do with him being gettable. He's still on his rookie deal.

I wouldn't touch him. Todd Bowles cant stand the guy because is a loafer and a lousy practice worker. He's coming off a season in which he had 1 1/2 sacks. (ONE AND A HALF) If Bowles cant get anything out him Garrett definitely wont.

I've never understood the obsession Cowboys people (especially over at CZ) have with this guy. Dude's been in the league 4 yrs and has been good in one of them. He isn't a RDE pas rush terror and he's going into a contract year.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm fine with cmd's mock, but would change one thing. At 2a I would take Jordan Willis. We need a DE that is athletic (best combine numbers) and productive (best regular season numbers), plus he is not a head case.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm fine with cmd's mock, but would change one thing. At 2a I would take Jordan Willis. We need a DE that is athletic (best combine numbers) and productive (best regular season numbers), plus he is not a head case.

Honestly that's why I don't have a huge issue with us taking him at 28. I doubt he makes it to our pick at 60. I guess ideally you'd trade down to early 2nd and nab him there, but if they cant trade down I'd rather use this pick on a guy like Willis than the gamble on greatness of McDowell.

I think at worst he's a solid Greg Ellis type player year after year. He will work his ass off and give maximum effort. He's been productive in a major conference. As you mention he tested great too.

Top Bottom