Reaction score
Byron Bell officially signed for 1 year. 6'5" 340. That's a big RT.

The bookends of Tyron and Byron.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Byron Bell officially signed for 1 year. 6'5" 340. That's a big RT.

The bookends of Tyron and Byron.

Sadly he'll probably be the RT this year. The fact nobody else wanted him when half the league is desperate for OL help speaks volumes.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Sadly he'll probably be the RT this year. The fact nobody else wanted him when half the league is desperate for OL help speaks volumes.

Did I read right that he was ranked as the 7th best available OT on the market?

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Did I read right that he was ranked as the 7th best available OT on the market?

Look at the market. This is what you get when picking through the dregs at the end of free agency.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's a body. Better than Green

I would not say that at all. I think Green can actually play. He just isnt able to often enough. Making bringing in guys like Bell necessary when it shouldnt be. The only thing more scarce than competent O Line play is competent QB play.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Look at the market. This is what you get when picking through the dregs at the end of free agency.

I thought they meant he was the 7th best of what is left on the market, not 7th best since FA started.

Reaction score
Bengals released Rey Maualuga. Thoughts on Rey as MLB. Not sold on the health of Jaylon or Damien Wilson and especially not Hitchens. Rolando McLain when focused and not high was better than Hitchens, Wilson and most other players not named Lee at LB.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Bengals released Rey Maualuga. Thoughts on Rey as MLB. Not sold on the health of Jaylon or Damien Wilson and especially not Hitchens. Rolando McLain when focused and not high was better than Hitchens, Wilson and most other players not named Lee at LB.
His standard of play declined quite a bit last season. Think he's probably done (as a starter at least).

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I have more faith that Damien Wilson can become a long term starter than I have in Jaylon Smith.

Reaction score
#NYG continue to offer Johnathan Hankins a multi-year deal that stacks up well in this free agent market. W/him, they'd return all 11 on D.

Reaction score
Report: Giants interested in Nick Mangold

3/27/2017 1:54:10 PM

The Giants have expressed interest in the free agent center Nick Mangold, Pa Leonard of the New York Daily News reports. This according to a source, after his release in late February from the Jets franchise he called home since his first-round selection in 2006.

Willie Colon, Mangold’s retired former teammate, first floated that there are “rumbles” of Giants interest in Mangold on ESPN radio in mid-March. The Daily News now can confirm the organization’s interest in the seven-time Pro Bowler and two-time All-Pro who would bring leadership, nastiness and hunger to the line.

Mangold would be the third ex-Jet to sign a free agent contract with the Giants this offseason, including wide receiver Brandon Marshall — also released by the Jets — and quarterback Geno Smith, whose contract had expired. This follows the Giants’ 2016 offseason signing of defensive tackle Damon “Snacks” Harrison, another ex-Jet.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Yeah I saw this. Seems odd considering they know he has probably a year left at best.
There's no way he plays out those 4 years, so yeah, it's odd. Looks like he's running in treacle now. Still a safe pair of hands though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like Witten's deal had nothing to do with "restructuring" in a typical fashion. No more guaranteed money or anything.

Top Bottom