dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Because no one watches the Chief's and the last time we saw Maclin (in Philly) he was a deep threat. Honestly doesn't seem that hard to figure out why people think of him as a deep threat.

Then people are fucking stupid.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not really, just pointing out the obvious.

Anyone that thinks SJ would be a worse owner (and especially GM) than Johnny Walker GM Jerry is either on crack or retarded, or maybe both.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Cowboys are working out four players today, including former New York Giants quarterback Ryan Nassib. Safeties Jerome Johnson and Duke Williams and wide receiver Lance Lenoir are also working out for the team. The Cowboys concluded their OTAs Wednesday and end their offseason next week with a minicamp.

Nassib was somewhat highly regarded at one point but was a bust with NYG.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Chaz Green working out at LG too.

Even back to when we drafted him, they said he could probably play inside at G.

He has some talent but he has to stay healthy. When he was on the field at Florida he was a really solid player, and he played well in place of Tyron Smith for us last year.

He's useless though if he cant stay on the field.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Even back to when we drafted him, they said he could probably play inside at G.

He has some talent but he has to stay healthy. When he was on the field at Florida he was a really solid player, and he played well in place of Tyron Smith for us last year.

He's useless though if he cant stay on the field.

Maybe playing in a smaller space will help prevent some of his injuries. At this point they just need to get something (anything) out of him.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Are you really saying you think Stephen will be worse than Jerry? Why would you think that?

Because as Executive VP he held back the Cowboys from getting both AP and Paxton Lynch. It is luck in its purest form that the Cowboys got both Dak and Zeke.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Anyone that thinks SJ would be a worse owner (and especially GM) than Johnny Walker GM Jerry is either on crack or retarded, or maybe both.

I've been called many names and been accused of a number of things in my time on the interwebz, but I've never been accused of being on crack before. For the record I'm not on crack.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Because as Executive VP he held back the Cowboys from getting both AP and Paxton Lynch. It is luck in its purest form that the Cowboys got both Dak and Zeke.

I was perfectly ok with them not going after Peterson. It's makes no sense to give up a 1st round pick (top 5 pick) for an injury prone 30+ year old RB, I don't care how good he USED to be.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I was perfectly ok with them not going after Peterson. It's makes no sense to give up a 1st round pick (top 5 pick) for an injury prone 30+ year old RB, I don't care how good he USED to be.

He would have been great on the Cowboys. Instead the decision was made to have JOSEPH RANDLE as the starting RB, which ultimately was one of the things that completely sunk the 2015 season. We did get Zeke out of it, which was good but as I said luck in its purest form.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He would have been great on the Cowboys. Instead the decision was made to have JOSEPH RANDLE as the starting RB, which ultimately was one of the things that completely sunk the 2015 season. We did get Zeke out of it, which was good but as I said luck in its purest form.

So you would have been ok with giving up a top 5 pick for Peterson? Again, he's injury prone at this stage of his career, not to mention his cap hit. He wouldn't have been on the field the entire year. And when he did play he wasn't anywhere near as good as he was 5 years ago. Randle obviously was not the right decision but Peterson wouldn't have been either. They should have drafted Jay Ajayi in the 2nd round instead of Randy Gregory.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
randle was such a bizarre situation off the field. how could they have predicted that? he was good when spelling murray.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That gives him props in my book.

Yeah, passing on Peterson was smart. Now the Lynch thing I'll give you was lucky.

But even assuming those both would have been good moves, how do two moves trump Jerry's two decades of incompetence?

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
So you would have been ok with giving up a top 5 pick for Peterson? Again, he's injury prone at this stage of his career, not to mention his cap hit. He wouldn't have been on the field the entire year. And when he did play he wasn't anywhere near as good as he was 5 years ago. Randle obviously was not the right decision but Peterson wouldn't have been either. They should have drafted Jay Ajayi in the 2nd round instead of Randy Gregory.

In 2015 they should have traded either the 1st or 2nd for Peterson. Remember in 2015 he actually had a really good year and then got hurt this year. I think the Saints got a steal for him.

Top Bottom