MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He would be the deep threat they need. They need a LB though. I'm not sold on Jalen. Now if they could sign both a LB and Maclin I'd be all for that.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm not sure he can still run.

Possibly. My bet is that he's still faster than any WR on our roster. I definitely wouldn't get into any bidding war for him. It if he'd be willing to play for a reasonable team friendly contract I'd take a chance on him. Cut Brice and sign Maclin.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Possibly. My bet is that he's still faster than any WR on our roster.
I'd have to time him in the 40, for sure. Speed is the first thing to go with these guys as they age a bit.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Would be fantastic if we had a coach that would know how to utilize them.
On paper it looks like this offense is going to be hard to deal with, with the addition of Switzer to what we already know we have. Now just imagine if we had the coaching you speak of.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I still have a suspicion that Stephen and McClay are setting it up for them to go after Harbaugh. Red is Jerry's boy and I'm not certain that Stephen feels the same way about him. They obviously like the way he coaches his players and he has a proven track record in the NFL. Marketing wise what would be bigger than Harbaugh agreeing to coach the Cowboys?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I still have a suspicion that Stephen and McClay are setting it up for them to go after Harbaugh. Red is Jerry's boy and I'm not certain that Stephen feels the same way about him. They obviously like the way he coaches his players and he has a proven track record in the NFL. Marketing wise what would be bigger than Harbaugh agreeing to coach the Cowboys?
We can dream.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Harbaugh will be ready to come back to the NFL in 2 or 3 years, sooner if Michigan can win it all. He felt slighted in San Francisco and wants to come back to the NFL and run a team, even though he is coaching at his Alma mater.

I would think us or the Colts (he played there and he coached Andrew Luck at Stanford) would be his his most logical choices. If we made a move, it would be because the team felt Garrett can't win the big game and we would need that big-time coach to take us to the next level. Then again, Jerry might try to outsmart everyone and hire Matt Eberflus.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Harbaugh will be ready to come back to the NFL in 2 or 3 years, sooner if Michigan can win it all. He felt slighted in San Francisco and wants to come back to the NFL and run a team, even though he is coaching at his Alma mater.

I would think us or the Colts (he played there and he coached Andrew Luck at Stanford) would be his his most logical choices. If we made a move, it would be because the team felt Garrett can't win the big game and we would need that big-time coach to take us to the next level. Then again, Jerry might try to outsmart everyone and hire Matt Eberflus.

Harbaugh would never come here. He wouldn't get the control he would want and everyone wouldn't stroke his ego. I think he'll coach the Colts within the next few years. I did a predictions video where I said he would coach the Colts at the end of the season and I'll stick by that for now, but if not this year within the next few for sure.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I just think as Red continues to fail and as Jerry is put out to pasture Stephen is going to want to really put his stamp on this team (he also has that Jones ego). What better way to do that than to hire a high profile coach. Harbaugh may be able to be convinced to not have total control if the money is right. Also Will McClay has shown to be a good judge of talent.

I'm not saying it's a done deal or anything like that. It's more wishful thinking. I just think it would make sense for both sides.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
So Garrett, who won "Coach of the Year" is on the hot seat? Come on now...

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Harbaugh would never come here.
And Jerry would never hire him.

Nor, IMO, would Stephen. He's gotten a taste of running things and he's not going to have a coach dictate to him any more than Jerry would. Look at him barking at Parcells that he'd go any damn where he wanted in the locker room as long as they (the Jones Boys) owned the team.

Garrett is here basically forever barring multiple disaster seasons. And by disaster, I don't mean 8-8 or 7-9. Those are perfectly acceptable around here as long as we try hard.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Nor, IMO, would Stephen. He's gotten a taste of running things and he's not going to have a coach dictate to him any more than Jerry would. Look at him barking at Parcells that he'd go any damn where he wanted in the locker room as long as they (the Jones Boys) owned the team.

Garrett is here basically forever barring multiple disaster seasons. And by disaster, I don't mean 8-8 or 7-9. Those are perfectly acceptable around here as long as we try hard.
But, we can dream. Oh wait, I already said that. Carry on.:laugh3

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score

If Stephen and/or Jerry wanted Garrett gone they had the best reason: 4-12 (almost 3-13 if not for Romo clutchness). Unless the Cowboys go 2-14 or something he stays. Even then he may get yet another season. I think he is going to be this generation's Jeff Fisher which is kinda a scary thought.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If Stephen and/or Jerry wanted Garrett gone they had the best reason: 4-12 (almost 3-13 if not for Romo clutchness). Unless the Cowboys go 2-14 or something he stays. Even then he may get yet another season. I think he is going to be this generation's Jeff Fisher which is kinda a scary thought.

Just a question for you guys. Why the hell do you even watch? Based on pretty much everything you guys post this is the worst organization in all of sports. They have the worst owner/GM in the history of sports and have the worst future owner (because he's just as bad as his dad) and we will always have the worst coach in all of sports (because Red will always be here and will only leave when he's dead, which could be 100 years from now since he's a robot).

I don't disagree with everything but I'm curious as to why do you doom and gloom guys continue to watch and post? If I was watching/following something I though was this horrible I would just stop watching and move on to something that actually brought me some joy.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Hoping for a better future... hoping Jerry figures out he's not a GM (and yes, one of the worst ever) and decides that winning that Super Bowl is more important than his ego. Had it when Jimmy was here and ego got in his way

Top Bottom