MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about what I believe, I only spoke of what I know - most all sports writers, pundits, football show talking heads, play-by-play and color people, all say Romo's a shoo-in. I don't agree with them, never said I did. But the fact is Romo IS widely considered a shoo-in.
Those names never get mentioned.

Point taken. Personally I think Romo is a nice guy and might be cool to have a beer with, I (again personally) just do not see him as a HOF QB. Honestly I see TO more as a HOF than Romo.

If Romo gets in and Stafford and Rivers don't it will be simply because he has a star on this side of his helmet. For the record none of them should get in.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If Romo gets in and Stafford and Rivers don't it will be simply because he has a star on this side of his helmet. For the record none of them should get in.
DING!!!

By that same token, Danny White should be in, right?

The HoF gets less relevant as the years march on.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
DING!!!

By that same token, Danny White should be in, right?

The HoF gets less relevant as the years march on.

Danny White should be in before Romo. Hell Don Meredith should probably be in before Romo.

Reaction score
At least Danny White lost 3 straight NFC Championship games.

Because Danny White made it to three straight NFC championship games.

The biggest issue with the 8-8 years was Romo was managing the pass offense with all his might and the team always looked better than it was. Garrett would point to the yards gained and make it look they just needed more of those yards and they would win. The piece that was missing was a game manager/strategist.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Because Danny White made it to three straight NFC championship games.

The biggest issue with the 8-8 years was Romo was managing the pass offense with all his might and the team always looked better than it was. Garrett would point to the yards gained and make it look they just needed more of those yards and they would win. The piece that was missing was a game manager/strategist.

Romo is the only reason the red clown still has a job.

Now he'll get carried by Dak and Zeke. And Romo gets tossed to the side by his red buddy. Next year we'll see Dak and Zeke sitting at basketball games with the red clown.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Most of the talking heads I've heard say Romo has no shot at the HOF. Lot of eastern voters not impressed.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can someone direct me to all these pundits that claim Romo is a shoo-in for the HoF? Just curious more than anything.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm the biggest Romo fan here and I don't know that he's a HOFer.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, I wouldn't put him in HOF right now either.

Good player and way out performed any reasonable expectations, but is not one of the elite players of all time.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
QBs are judged on their championship record more than anything else. Players in other positions can get away with not winning championships and still end up in the HoF, which is why I think Witten will make it but Romo wont.

Does anybody know of any QB in the HoF that didn't at least make it to a conference championship game? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Romo would have been a shoo in for the hall if ever had a real coach he didn't have to bail out all of the time. We have literally wasted his entire career on the red headed idiot and have now begun to waste Dak's career. I hope Romo ends up somewhere where he can win it all with a real coach. He deserves it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Romo would have been a shoo in for the hall if ever had a real coach he didn't have to bail out all of the time. We have literally wasted his entire career on the red headed idiot and have now begun to waste Dak's career.
Yep poor ole Romo the 100 million dollar man is completely blameless for 10 years of failure. It's all on the organization, the coach, the assistants, the ball boys, the fucking cheerleaders - always something. Pick sixes in the 4th quarter? Happened only because the sorry defense couldn't hold up when the offense goes 1 for 11 on third down conversions!

Because no matter what, by hook or by crook, his fault the refs fault Jerry's fault Garrett's fault, or the fault of the flawed system, or fault of other players, the wind, the weather, whatever - Tony Romo spent ten years as the Dallas quarterback and never got the job done. That's the indisputable bottom line.

It doesn't matter the whys or wherefores, the what-ifs and the almost was - the happy go lucky chuckling butt slapping grinning Romo, the "what me worry kid" of football, the "that's okay we'll get 'em next time" wayfarer, never got it done in Dallas.
I hope Romo ends up somewhere where he can win it all with a real coach. He deserves it.

I really hope he does wind up somewhere where finally, there can be no fucking excuses. Then when he fucking shits the bed, maybe some of you Romosexuals might wake up and see he's just a fucking choker.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Warren Moon
Thanks.

Went and had a look myself and found that there are non-QB HoFers who never even won a playoff game during their careers (OJ Simpson, Ken Houston and Dan Dierdorf for example).

There are even non-QB HoFers that never even made the playoffs (Dick Butkus, Gale Sayers, Larry Wilson for example).

Just goes to show that QBs are judged more harshly than any other position. And rightly so. He's the most influential player on any team. Romo is going to have to get to a SB at least in order to get to Canton.

Reaction score
Was Moon not the QB in that miracle Bills comeback game? Or was that not the AFCC game? Thought it was.

Moon was the QB. 35-3 at halftime. Blew it.

According to Wikipedia, it was just a wild card game:

The Bills won their next two matchups, 24–3 against the Pittsburgh Steelers and 29–10 against the Miami Dolphins, advancing to Super Bowl XXVII, where they were beaten by the Dallas Cowboys 52–17.[5]

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I knew BB wasn't wrong...

That's weird, I believed that because I thought the talk was about that ruining an all-Texas Superbowl. Guess they were just expecting Houston to win out.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Romo would have been a shoo in for the hall if ever had a real coach he didn't have to bail out all of the time. We have literally wasted his entire career on the red headed idiot and have now begun to waste Dak's career. I hope Romo ends up somewhere where he can win it all with a real coach. He deserves it.

Romo doesn't deserve shit. Quit fucking crying over this crap.

If he wasn't happy with the HC (or the OC prior to that) all he had to do was walk in Jerry's office and tell him he isn't going to sign any contract extensions or restructure any deals to help the cap unless something is done about it. And what happened?

ROMO DIDNT SAY JACK SHIT. He either believed he has a good coach, or he didnt really care because he is having fun and making a shit ton of money. Either of those makes him a sap in my books.

He isn't a HoF player, period.

Last edited:
Top Bottom