Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
f5497d2b4dc7995b0f3a1473caba6156.jpg

We all knew it was coming, but it's still shitty to see it officially announced. Then Jerry makes it into the Hall of Fame all on the same day

What a day for Cowboy fans. We go one and done in the playoffs and our Coach gets awarded for it

Our GM/Owner hasn't got us to the Super Bowl in over 20 years and gets named to the Hall of Fame

Last edited:

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Yeah, it pisses me off. People at the zone are celebrating this shit like it matters. Also, Fuzzy Lumpkins is still a bitch-made ******.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I get Jerry being named into the HOF

although I don't like it, I get it. The way this league and individual teams are run are a direct result of the way Jerry has conducted business with his endorsements and other things that he brought to the table over the years. These are now standard throughout the league. So I get that he is going in as a contributor. He will never go in as a GM.

But Red being named COTY is utter bullshit

The only reason he was even considered was because he took the team to a staggering 4-12 the year prior. If it wasn't for him having such a shitty year in 2015 he wouldn't even be in contention.

Otherwise he's just doing his job! Then failing at it when it mattered the most in the playoffs. Like always.

The 13 win season was pure luck by hitting on Dak. If it wasn't for Dak having his stellar season we would have gone 4-12 again. Or worse

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I get Jerry being named into the HOF

although I don't like it, I get it. The way this league and individual teams are run are a direct result of the way Jerry has conducted business with his endorsements and other things that he brought to the table over the years. These are now standard throughout the league. So I get that he is going in as a contributor. He will never go in as a GM.

The only reason he was even considered was because he took the team to a staggering 4-12 the year prior. If it wasn't for him having such a shitty year in 2015 he wouldn't even be in contention.

Otherwise he's just doing his job! Then failing at it when it mattered the most in the playoffs. Like always.

The 13 win season was pure luck by hitting on Dak. If it wasn't for Dak having his stellar season we would have gone 4-12 again. Or worse

Dak was blind luck. Zeke was the result of total coaching incompetence last year. Garrett getting coach of the year makes obama getting the Nobel seem almost legit.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, it pisses me off. People at the zone are celebrating this shit like it matters. Also, Fuzzy Lumpkins is still a bitch-made ******.

:lol

whats hilarious is if you see a thread go over 2 pages at the zone, you can almost guarantee its because Fuzzy is arguing with someone relentlessly over some nonsense he feels superior about, he lives for that shit.....its like clockwork

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

That has to be what the voters were thinking of. But yeah, no true coach of the year goes 1-11 without his starting QB.

Even still, how does anyone vote Red over Dan Quinn? No one expected the Falcons to be this good.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Fuzzy is arguing with someone relentlessly over some nonsense he feels superior about, he lives for that shit.....its like clockwork

I'm telling you Aspergers. Fuzzy wouldnt know the difference between a boob and a football because he never touched either.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ugh, this shit just bought Garrett another five years because it gives nubes the impression he knows what the fuck he is doing, when clearly he is a fraud. Think Atlanta's coach was a far better choice.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ugh, this shit just bought Garrett another five years because it gives nubes the impression he knows what the fuck he is doing, when clearly he is a fraud. Think Atlanta's coach was a far better choice.

That was exactly what I thought when I read the news!

Hopefully Jerry dies before they can happen and they Fuck up by extending his contract a second time

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He was already a made man after that 2014 season. We probably could have gone 4-12 two more times after last year before Jerry would even consider firing him.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This season (13-3 with two rookies) along with the COTY nod bought him a minimum of five more years if not more.

We might as well give up on him losing his job for any reason at all until Jerry dies

Reaction score
The less he does, the better he gets.

We might win the Super Bowl if we could get him to do the mannequin challenge for three hours every game day.

Reaction score
The less he shows up for games the greater the number of playoffs and championships. I want to know what the criteria was for "coaching". Was Phil Jackson coach of the year when Jordan was winning titles? Was Joe Torre considered the mastermind behind the Yankee all-star free agent team winning World Series? This is silly.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He deserved it right up until they blew the home playoff game to GB.

I'd have voted for someone else after that.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
:lol I saw this and figured heads would be exploding in this place.
My subjective feelings aside, I'm still not sure how he deserves it. On again/off again seasons, capped with a one and done isn't as impressive as a consistent winner.

Has Belicick won it too many times or something?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
:lol I saw this and figured heads would be exploding in this place.
My subjective feelings aside, I'm still not sure how he deserves it. On again/off again seasons, capped with a one and done isn't as impressive as a consistent winner.

Has Belicick won it too many times or something?

Coach of the Year is just that, for the "year"

Everyone expected the Pats to contend for a conference championship, and they did. NOBODY expected Dallas to contend for anything after Romo went down and they went with a 4th rd pick at QB, and then they won 13 games.

That's the only reason Garrett is getting it. Not because anyone thinks he's a great coach.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
How close was the vote? I thought Dan Quinn or Jack Del Rio should have won it.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How close was the vote? I thought Dan Quinn or Jack Del Rio should have won it.

I would have voted for Jack Del Rio. Look what he did with Oakland as a new coach

He's done more than Garrett has in the last year (and in the 2 years since he has been coach)

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wasn't really that close. Garrett got 25 votes, Belichick was 2nd with 14

I'm surprised

The only thing different between our 2015 4-12 season and our 13-3 2016 season was the QB play

Coaching had absolutely nothing to do with the turnaround

The coaching remained the same

Only the QB play changed

Top Bottom