icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
look out, chandler jones is going to sign a 5-yr deal with the cardinals and that man is about to get p-a-i-d.

he won't have to smoke synthetic marijuana anymore. now he'll be able to afford the big boy drugs like his brother.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Arizona Cardinals are taking care of business ahead of free agency.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports the Cards are finalizing a "large" five-year extension with Chandler Jones on Wednesday, according to sources.

The Cardinals franchise tagged the pass rusher on a tender that pays roughly $14.6 million in 2017.

Arizona made it clear that locking down Jones was a priority heading into the offseason. The franchise tag was merely a placeholder to allow time to get a deal done. The new deal should put him among the likes of Von Miller, Olivier Vernon and Justin Houston as the highest-paid pass rushers in the NFL.

After being acquired from the New England Patriots via trade last March, Jones paid immediate dividends in Arizona. The 27-year-old compiled 11 sacks, 21 QB hits, 15 tackles for loss and four forced fumbles in 2016, per NFL Research.

The pass-rushing maven has given quarterbacks fits. Over the past two seasons, Jones' 23.5 sacks were only outdone by Khalil Mack (26.0) and Miller (24.5).

With Jones and tag-team rusher Marcus Golden flying off the edges, the Cards ensured they will be getting after the quarterback in 2017.

With a big contract for Jones done, Arizona can turn its attention to trying to lock down several of its other key defensive pieces, including Calais Campbell, Kevin Minter and Tony Jefferson ahead of free agency on Thursday.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
micah hyde signed to the bills

don't remember seeing that here yet

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
deandre levy cut by the lions. dude was a beast a couple years ago. hurt a lot last year. let's sign and pair him with sean lee and jaylon. maybe we can break a record for most linebackers on injured reserve.

jk i really like levy. just don't know what he's asking for and not sure what his injury status is.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Thought the same thing on Levy when I saw his name on the ticker yesterday.

But like you say, not sure about his injury status. I thought everyone knew he was a good player, so I assumed they had concerns he couldn't stay healthy.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lmao

he has horrible mechanics when he answers the phone too. puts the mouthpiece way too high on the face. very hard to heard him speak.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i like this game...

first call rg3 made was to matt johnson. both are now at the hospital in critical condition.

please send prayers.

Reaction score
Jaguars held a press conference introducing Barry Church.

Like... what the fuck. They're so used to shit football in Jacksonville that they're celebrating this signing?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jaguars held a press conference introducing Barry Church.

Like... what the fuck. They're so used to shit football in Jacksonville that they're celebrating this signing?

Heard they introduced him standing on a man hole cover, because thats about how much range he has.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
***another trade***

patriots get:

de/dt kony ealy
4th round pick

panthers get:

2nd round pick

JERRY WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING BRO??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

THAT LOOKS LIKE AN UPGRADE ON THE DLINE TO ME.

SOOOOO FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE TO DO.

Top Bottom