Reaction score
Some team must be desperate for a one dimensional safety who routinely takes bad angles.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jason Cole tweeting that upward of 5 teams have an interest in DE Jack Crawford.

Mentions Colts, Bills, and Jaguars as well as Dallas. I could give a shit less if he left.

He's a decent backup/rotation guy and he can fill in at pretty much any DL position, but he isn't worth any sort of significant investment.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's a good deal. Guy has great potential and you could get quicker impact vs a rookie. I wish we had the cap to sign him. That way we could draft a corner, safety and defensive end

Really? LOL

Almost 8 mils per year for a guy with 3 sacks last year and only 10 in his 4yr career?

Benson freaking Mayowa had TWICE as many sacks last yr as this guy did. Is he worth 8 mils a yr?

Thank God you arnt running things here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Heard on the little ESPN Dallas Sportscenter break that someone was expected to pay Barry Church 5 mil per year? Maybe Carolina?

That's not a fortune anymore, but if so, see ya.

Sounds like firmly expect Leary, Church and T Williams to be elsewhere.

I really don't mind if Church leaves, I'd also very much like to see Carr and Claiborne leave. None of them are playmakers.

I would however like to see us keep Wilcox if its for a 1 or 2yr deal with minimal investment. He (and even Heath) seemed to be significantly improved last yr and another year with new safety coach Greg Jackson could do both of them well.

Reaction score
Sounds like firmly expect Leary, Church and T Williams to be elsewhere.

:towel

Free agency starts today right? We should move this thread to the main forum for the time being.

Edit: starts on Thursday

Legal free-agent tampering period kicks off at noon today. Teams and players can discuss but not sign deals. Free agency at 4 pm Thursday.

Last edited:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
any predictions on the team that will spend the most??

Reaction score
When the tampering period begins, expect the #Bears to make a major push for FA QB Mike Glennon, and I'm told Chicago is his preferred spot

Reaction score
The Los Angeles Chargers are parting ways with a former first-round draft pick, offensive lineman D.J. Fluker, Marc Sessler of NFL.com reports.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that the team is releasing Fluker.

Taken 11th overall in 2013, Fluker was drafted to give the Chargers a plug-and-play starter at tackle. Instead, the 25-year-old has spent much of the past two seasons at guard, finishing 2016 as the league's 54th-ranked player at his position, per Pro Football Focus.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Los Angeles Chargers are parting ways with a former first-round draft pick, offensive lineman D.J. Fluker, Marc Sessler of NFL.com reports.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that the team is releasing Fluker.

Taken 11th overall in 2013, Fluker was drafted to give the Chargers a plug-and-play starter at tackle. Instead, the 25-year-old has spent much of the past two seasons at guard, finishing 2016 as the league's 54th-ranked player at his position, per Pro Football Focus.

Never thought that guy would make it at OT with his lead feet. Alabama guys have high flameout rates IMO. They always end up smaller, slower, and thoroughly beat up by the time they hit the pros.

Reaction score
Yeah USC and Alabama players tend to disappoint in the NFL.

In free agency news, Redskins resigned Vernon Davis.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Crazy as it seems I think Wilcox will become a better safety than Church. The progress he has made is significant. As someone stated, I say let church go and sign Wilcox to a 4 year deal at 2 to 3 million a year.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
rumors coming out that kenny britt was spotted in atlantic city basically telling people he was signing with the eagles.

Reaction score
Yeah USC and Alabama players tend to disappoint in the NFL.

In free agency news, Redskins resigned Vernon Davis.

Reaction score
Brandon Marshall and NY Giants reach agreement on a two-year deal, per source. Marshall doesn’t have to move, now plays with Eli and OBJ.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
wow the 2 biggest bitch diva wide receivers on the same team now? cool.

Reaction score
49ers ‘set sights’ on WR Pierre Garcon

Wide receiver is a major need for the 49ers and new coach Kyle Shanahan. It appears that Shanahan has his eyes on one of his former players, Conor Orr of NFL.com reports.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported Wednesday morning that Pierre Garcon, could be on his way to San Francisco.

Rapoport added on Good Morning Football on Wednesday that the 30-year-old should earn upwards of $10 million per season, and while the deal is not done yet (and cannot be until March 9), the outlook is good for the former sixth-round pick. Garcon caught 79 balls for 1,041 yards and three touchdowns a season ago in Washington. It was his second 1,000-yard season since 2013, when Garcon had a career-best 113 catches for 1,346 yards.

Top Bottom