theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I literally thought Buck had an orgasm on the Rodgers to Cobb TD the other day. Thought the picture on TV was gonna look like the inside of a snow globe any second.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
the insane sensitivity from all sides to what commentators say about their team is bewildering, its a wonder these folks can cope with daily living being so fragile

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Don't mind Aikman. Can't stand Buck. And it's not because I think he's anti-Cowboys. It's because I think he's a dick.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I literally thought Buck had an orgasm on the Rodgers to Cobb TD the other day. Thought the picture on TV was gonna look like the inside of a snow globe any second.

f1b4693e8f6e5b870fc4c844d44eb5c7.png

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
There's no question Buck hates Dallas and has an anti-Cowboy spin on just about everything in his broadcasts of Cowboy games. I honestly don't know how Aikman puts up with that fag.

I don't mind Troy. He tries to be professional and be completely unbiased. I've never understood why Cowboy fans hate on him for trying to do a good job.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
There's no question Buck hates Dallas and has an anti-Cowboy spin on just about everything in his broadcasts of Cowboy games. I honestly don't know how Aikman puts up with that fag.

I don't mind Troy. He tries to be professional and be completely unbiased. I've never understood why Cowboy fans hate on him for trying to do a good job.

Accurate assessment.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

LOL. Did you hear Buck on Zeke's last TD run to seal the game against the Steelers?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I think Aikman may be a little critical of the Cowboys, just to avoid any sense of bias. Sometimes he goes overboard, but not enough to warrant some of the hate that he gets from Cowboys' fans.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think Aikman may be a little critical of the Cowboys, just to avoid any sense of bias. Sometimes he goes overboard, but not enough to warrant some of the hate that he gets from Cowboys' fans.

I think its definitely some of that, though some of his criticism of Jones is warranted and its discussed because he experienced the really ridiculous way Jerry ran things here after Jimmy left. He has a little of an axe to grind with him, and its 100% deserved.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This story has been updated with Troy Aikman's response to the petition

Troy Aikman is certainly a popular guy in Cowboys country, but apparently he and Fox broadcast partner Joe Buck aren't as well loved out in Green Bay.

As of noon Wednesday, more than 16,000 people have signed a Change.org petition seeking to ban the Aikman-Buck duo from calling Packers games from the booth.

The petition, started Monday by Andrew Dorff of Brookfield, Wis., is titled "Get Troy Aikman and Joe Buck banned from announcing Green Bay Packer's [sic] games"

"This is a petition to get Joe Buck and Troy Aikman banned from announcing/commentating on the Green Bay Packers," according to the petition's page.

"On behalf of the Green Bay Packers fans across the world, we would like action taken to prohibit them from giving their constant negative input about our team. We are sick of the biased announcing always coming from them."

On Thursday morning, Aikman broached the topic in an interview with The Musers on The Ticket (96.7 FM/1030 AM), saying "there's a long line they've got to get in to try to keep us from calling games."

He noted that the Packers have tried this before, as well as Seattle fans a few years back.

"I don't know if there's Cowboys fan petitions, but I get it from Cowboys fans too, saying that I'm against their team," Aikman said.

In taking the criticism, Aikman said he relies on advice he heard from another man who spent quite a bit of time in the NFL booth.

"I remember what Pat Summerall years ago told me back when I was still playing," Aikman said. "People didn't have social media, they would write fan mail. And he said, 'Hey as long as I'm getting fan mail -- hate mail I guess you could say -- from both sides, then I feel like I'm doing my job. But I think there's some truth in that.' "

Many of the petition's signees claim that the announcing duo are "too negative." Other signees show off their failure to grasp basic grammar by calling them "bias" when the proper adjective is "biased."

Aikman said he's a bit confused by that suggestion.

"It is pretty remarkable, though, especially for Packers fans," he told The Ticket. "We've had their games in recent weeks and they've played great, we've talked about how great they've been playing and how great Aaron Rodgers has been. So it's a little bit confusing, but it is what it is."

"I could not care less about that. I know Joe, he does get a little bit bothered by it. He's a little sensitive when he hears that people don't want us to broadcast their games."

There is no requirement for action to be taken based on Change.org petitions, especially not for a private company like Fox. But it has become a popular venue for airing grievances online and seeking out others who agree with you.

"Last I've heard, we will be there on Sunday, and we'll be calling the game and we'll try to do the best job we can," Aikman said.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
joe buck is such a little bitch. after he dies, i hope he gets reincarnated as a butt plug.

Reaction score
LOL

Of course the Buck hate comes out here. People aren't as quick to hate Aikman cause he's "one of ours." But Buck? Yeah fuck that guy. LOL

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Joe Buck is a little sensitive. Who would have have ever guessed? A sensitive *********** ?

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
LOL

Of course the Buck hate comes out here. People aren't as quick to hate Aikman cause he's "one of ours." But Buck? Yeah fuck that guy. LOL

I dont give two shits who announces the game, or what somebody writes, or who says what on talk radio. If they lose and flush the season, it wont be because of any of that.

Reaction score
Announcers rarely annoy me.

But the nuances between Fox games vs CBS games do. Always have.

#wayIwasraised

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Announcers rarely annoy me.

I never gave them a second thought until I read posts from all the sensitive little bitches who like to complain on forums.

One of the stranger things I've seen on the interwebs

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
its been a pretty slow couple of weeks around this shit hole.

Top Bottom