dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Been moving for the past few days and am having major issues with DirecTV. After having them forever I may have to make a change.

My two options if DTV doesn't work out (long story) are AT&T Uverse and Comcast. I've never had either one and know nothing about them, other than that neither of them have NFL Sunday Ticket.

Anyone have opinions on either or both?

Last edited:

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Been moving for the past few days and am having major issues with DirecTV. After having them forever I may have to make a change.

My two options if DTV doesn't work out (long story) are AT&T Uverse and Comcast. I've never had either one and no nothing about them, other than that neither of them have NFL Sunday Ticket.
I
Anyone have opinions on either or both?

Get rid of it entirely. Cable/satellite TV is a huge rip off

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Comcast has better internet. I havent had AT & T but know someone who had it and something was always wrong with it so he went back to Comcast. Its all a ripoff.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I agree, but I love live sports. It's really the only thing I watch on TV anymore.

Check out PlayStation Vue. I think their user interface sucks but I think you can get ESPN and Fox Sports and NFL network.

You can steam it using Roku PlayStation or Amazon Fire

Probably about half the price unless you get a great introductory deal

Directv still won't let you standalone stream NFL Sunday Ticket though

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I've heard that SlingTV is good here in Arkansas, not sure about where you are.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Keeping fingers crossed, DTV left me a message saying they think they have a solution so hoping I can keep them.

They had also given me a good deal for moving (bunch of free channels, free Sunday Ticket etc etc) so I was hoping to keep them.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What was the problem, just no clear view for the dish?

A good chainsaw can always fix that.

Ignorant contractor company that DTV was using was the problem.

They came out last week, dumbass spent 6 1/2 hours hooking it up. They got what he said was a "strong signal" but he said it wouldn't lock on. He finally determined the aluminum poll he was attaching to was too tall (which I told him when he brought it in). He had to leave and said for me to reschedule, but that there woudnt be any problems if I had the poll cut down a little (which I did)

Yesterday however the new guy showed up and refused to install, telling me some b/s about their company policy was they couldn't mount the dish to a poll in a flower pot with cement, which is what the other tech was trying to do. DTV had told me this was perfectly acceptable since I couldn't attach the dish to the condo building. After arguing with that dude and then his manager I got PO'd and called DTV directly, and they've been trying to get it resolved since. Numerous other people on the property have the same thing, yet these clods first lied and said the HOA had denied me being able to install DTV (which I had written permission for) and then started on this b/s about not being able to use a tripod or cement in flower pot/bucket.

Just garbage customer service.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hmm, interesting.

Said it before, but AT&T is in the process of ruining that great company. I moved recently also and the installer confirmed as much -- said a lot of things changed immediately for the worse when they took over. (Installer was kind of a lazy asshat himself.)

I miss the days with them when you bought, owned, and installed the equipment and dish yourself and all they did was send you the signal. Now they have to control everything.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm, interesting.

Said it before, but AT&T is in the process of ruining that great company. I moved recently also and the installer confirmed as much -- said a lot of things changed immediately for the worse when they took over. (Installer was kind of a lazy asshat himself.)

I miss the days with them when you bought, owned, and installed the equipment and dish yourself and all they did was send you the signal. Now they have to control everything.

Bolded statement is 100% true I think.

AT&T installed my internet the other day, the tech told me they are in the process of making DTV pretty much like U-Verse where it comes in via some sort of internet feed (he said it was already available in some areas of USA but didn't know where) so eventually there may be no mini-dishes.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Eh they sucked when they were just DTV. I had so many issues over the years.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Eh they sucked when they were just DTV. I had so many issues over the years.

Honestly I never had any. The only thing that really sucked is when you got really heavy T Storm service would fade out for awhile (that and it did become pricey). But the picture/sound quality and the Sunday Ticket was great.

I'd hate to lose it because I thik its far superior to any cable or other satellite provider but this customer service via AT&T is awful.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Honestly I never had any. The only thing that really sucked is when you got really heavy T Storm service would fade out for awhile (that and it did become pricey). But the picture/sound quality and the Sunday Ticket was great.

I'd hate to lose it because I thik its far superior to any cable or other satellite provider but this customer service via AT&T is awful.
I had a lot of people tell me I was crazy when I said I had issues. Bad luck maybe I guess.

The last straw was when I went to cancel and I was no longer under any commitment. Then they tried to charge me a fee to leave.

Top Bottom