Reaction score
I was 5 years old when Aikman was at OU, so I don't remember any of what you old fucks are saying.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I was 5 years old when Aikman was at OU, so I don't remember any of what you old fucks are saying.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
I started at halfback in the wishbone then the year after, left guard when we switched to the split T. Before you were born. LOL

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Aikman would mash Romo

It wouldn't even be close either.

Romo would try to aww shucks Troy into being his friend but Troy's intensity would be too much. It would be like Hulk vs Loki.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dbair, just let him think he won. I used to do to my ex-wife all the time.
All I had was facts and statistics and video Pally. It's not a right/wrong type thing, it was just facts. Might be in retrospect, why she's a ex-wife and not still a wife?

What you could actually do is just what dbair does, and not really read anything posted. That way you can maintain the illusion you've "won."

By the way, Switzer's motive in "helping" Troy get to UCLA was to make damn sure Jimmy didn't get Troy, and to make sure he wouldn't have to sweat Troy in the future for national title games. UCLA wasn't a threat to make that scene.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
apparently one of switzer's favorite hobbies is to troll jimmy johnson.

Reaction score
Romo would have won that NFC championship game in '94. Aikman had 3 INTs and dug the team's grave. Aikman was a great bus driver, but he wasn't going to win games single-handedly like Romo did here for about 10 years.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Romo would have won that NFC championship game in '94. Aikman had 3 INTs and dug the team's grave. Aikman was a great bus driver, but he wasn't going to win games single-handedly like Romo did here for about 10 years.
Romo was a product of his era. He wouldn't live 5 minutes in Aikman's era. But put the '94 Troy in any offense Romo was in, and he lights it up without half the mistakes, blunders, gaffes and bonehead plays Romo's made. Romo played in a era where you can't really hit the QB, and can't rough up the receivers. Aikman didn't.

FanSince61

Cheerleader
Reaction score
All I had was facts and statistics and video Pally. It's not a right/wrong type thing, it was just facts. Might be in retrospect, why she's a ex-wife and not still a wife?

What you could actually do is just what dbair does, and not really read anything posted. That way you can maintain the illusion you've "won."

By the way, Switzer's motive in "helping" Troy get to UCLA was to make damn sure Jimmy didn't get Troy, and to make sure he wouldn't have to sweat Troy in the future for national title games. UCLA wasn't a threat to make that scene.

short story about ex. not worth wasting your time.

If I don't read your great posts how could I respond to them.

It was Aikman decision where to go, I don't believe he went to UCLA because that where Switzer wanted him to go. I believe Aikman wanted to go back to the LA area. Said he enjoyed growing up there. What coach would want Aikman going to a team they would probably playing?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
short story about ex. not worth wasting your time.

It was Aikman decision where to go, I don't believe he went to UCLA because that where Switzer wanted him to go. I believe Aikman wanted to go back to the LA area. Said he enjoyed growing up there. What coach would want Aikman going to a team they would probably playing?

Exactly, and Switzer knew he wouldn't be facing UCLA but knew for sure he would be facing Jimmy.

And sure Troy wanted to go back to Southern Cali. That's beside the point totally. The coach there needed to be convinced to accept Troy. He said in this interview, he thought Switzer was trying to con him. Did you watch the show? You act like Switzer didn't care where Troy went? Of course he did - far away from any possibility he would be on a team that could comoete for a national championship. It could have been Boise State for all that matters - Barry would have tried to facilitate it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
FanSince61 said:
The same way dbair does - just either pretend you didn't read them or pretend they said somthing other than what they say.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Romo would have won that NFC championship game in '94. Aikman had 3 INTs and dug the team's grave.

Wrong. The Cowboys had 3 turnovers in the first 7 minutes of the game but they werent 3 interceptions by Troy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wrong. The Cowboys had 3 turnovers in the first 7 minutes of the game but they werent 3 interceptions by Troy.

Don't pay any attention to Wahoo. He posts drunk probably 98% of the time and he has a Tony Romo blow up doll that he gets it on with several times a week.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Irvin's fumble and an ensuing fumble by Dallas on the kickoff put the team in a hole. Yes, Aikman had 3 INT's but they scored pretty quick and got back in it, trading TD's to SF field goals in one stretch. I thought the key point in the game was the end of the half when we should have just run the clock out after scrapping to get back in it. Instead, we passed 3 straight times and punted, giving the ball to SF in good field position with well under a minute left and they scored another TD.

I thought Aikman was great in that game and he even states it was one of his prouder moments because of how the team fought back. I thought it was a great game too. Romo would have stood absolutely no chance on those teams. That era was dominated by the QB greats: Airman, Jim Kelly, Montana/Young, Farve, Elway, etc. The playoffs weren't a cakewalk and Troy's numbers in the playoffs were off the charts up to that point.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Exactly, and Switzer knew he wouldn't be facing UCLA but knew for sure he would be facing Jimmy.

And sure Troy wanted to go back to Southern Cali. That's beside the point totally. The coach there needed to be convinced to accept Troy. He said in this interview, he thought Switzer was trying to con him. Did you watch the show? You act like Switzer didn't care where Troy went? Of course he did - far away from any possibility he would be on a team that could comoete for a national championship. It could have been Boise State for all that matters - Barry would have tried to facilitate it.

That was an interesting part of the show Dooms. Hearing Switzer and Donahue talk about the phone call regarding Aikman was great story. They didn't have the internet back then so they just couldn't dial up Maxprep or whatever those sights are with all the highlight videos. And Switzer telling Donahue that Troy was going to be a great QB for him and a sure fire 1st round pick was great and Donahue was shocked. Just a great, great show.

Reaction score

I said he had 3 INTs which is actually factual. INTs at any time aren't much help for an offense.

Not something that should happen in a game that big. Aikman was an integral part of an already clicking team but he was never capable of carrying a team like Favre, Montana, Marino, etc.

Top Bottom