dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you liked it.

I can't stand Aikman. Won't watch.

Eh. Might be your worst post ever Sheik.

This guy helped transform the Cowboys from dregs to dynasty. If not for Jerry going full ****** and not being able to work with Jimmy (and replacing him with boob Switzer) Aikman might have won 5 or 6 super bowls.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Who was it that asked if Sheik was going down the SP road?

Next thing you know he'll be taking up with Quentin Jammer's nanny.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I have the Aikman and the Staubach one recorded. Will most likely watch today at some point.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Did they go overboard with the negatives in the last 1/3 or so? They did that with Landry even though his life barely had any negatives. Kinda irritating how they think they have to follow the exact same formula for every player/subject.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Did they go overboard with the negatives in the last 1/3 or so?

I didn't notice that

I did enjoy the subtle digs at jeri and not seeing much of jeri in the show at all. Except when he makes his dumbass, dismissive toward Aikman, reiteration of Barry Switzers comments:

"Troy, I'll never forget one time, said we need some harder, more physical practices. Now Barry winked and said, you know, the only one I've ever heard say that is the quarterback"

Reaction score
Eh. Might be your worst post ever Sheik.

This guy helped transform the Cowboys from dregs to dynasty. If not for Jerry going full ****** and not being able to work with Jimmy (and replacing him with boob Switzer) Aikman might have won 5 or 6 super bowls.

How is Switzer related to concussions?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How is Switzer related to concussions?

Switzer is related to stupidity and not having a clue how to run a professional football team.

Aikman was an elite player who GENUINELY was robbed of a better career by the ultimate boob Jerry ruining the franchise with stupid hires, stupid decisions and terrible drafts.

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
Aikman basically retiring due to the ineptitude of Jerry Jones

This thing mad me sick all over again watching

Reaction score
Aikman basically retiring due to the ineptitude of Jerry Jones

This thing mad me sick all over again watching

Makes me fucking sick to my stomach, and renews my rage at Jerry. He not only ran off a back to back SB winning coach, thus costing us at least two more SB wins in my opinion, but he ran off Aikman too, making the last years of his career a downer.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
And he's really no better today. He just got lucky that 1) he's getting so old that his son had to take over more of the day-to-day duties and 2) he hit the powerball with Dak.

He still does idiotic and petty things, though. In that Lacewell interview I recorded last year, LL pretty much admitted a reason for going back to the 43 defense was to erase Parcells' fingerprints.

Reaction score
Watched this morning... definitely renewed my hatred for Jerry. Jimmy leaving didn't just prevent the opportunity to win 4 straight, it could have been more. Can you imagine if Jimmy was trying to fill this roster in drafts and free agency in the late 90s versus Jerry? I don't know if he would have still been around after winning 5-6 Super Bowls, but no way does Joey Galloway get signed by Jimmy at the expense of two first rounders.

Loved that Troy came out and said he felt like he had to be the disciplinarian cause Switzer wouldn't do it, and that he left because the franchise was being run into the ground.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Watched it yesterday. Glad I did. I was starting to homer a bit too much, and I really needed that to rekindle my hatred for that motherfucker, Jerry Jones.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Watched it yesterday. Glad I did. I was starting to homer a bit too much, and I really needed that to rekindle my hatred for that motherfucker, Jerry Jones.

All these sad saps complaining about Jones not giving Romo enough chance to win, AIKMAN was the guy he really fucking hosed. Primary Receivers like Kevin Williams, Billy Davis, Jeff Ogden, Jason Tucker Eric Bjornson. That ridiculous joke of an idea of making Deion a two way player nearly 100% of the time that one season. Coaches like Switzer, Gailey & campo. Let the OL go into a total shitpile. Had no commitment to making the team practice etc etc.

TE says he no better now but I don't believe that. Jones was completely and totally out of control and clueless from 94-02. When he got so desperate that he had to hire Parcells, along with that came a complete change of how the scouting department worked and we at least started getting better players. I don't think Jones has 100% free reign anymore like he did from 94-02, and that's a good thing.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Makes me fucking sick to my stomach, and renews my rage at Jerry. He not only ran off a back to back SB winning coach, thus costing us at least two more SB wins in my opinion, but he ran off Aikman too, making the last years of his career a downer.

The show was really interesting and even back then it was clear to see Troy's frustration but I've heard Troy say before that his back was the main reason he called it quits. They didn't even mention that in the show. When Romo broke his back in Washington that's all Troy talked about. That people thought it was the concussions that forced him out of the game but really it was his back.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Watched this morning... definitely renewed my hatred for Jerry. Jimmy leaving didn't just prevent the opportunity to win 4 straight, it could have been more. Can you imagine if Jimmy was trying to fill this roster in drafts and free agency in the late 90s versus Jerry? I don't know if he would have still been around after winning 5-6 Super Bowls, but no way does Joey Galloway get signed by Jimmy at the expense of two first rounders.

Loved that Troy came out and said he felt like he had to be the disciplinarian cause Switzer wouldn't do it, and that he left because the franchise was being run into the ground.

Another thing that rarely gets brought up is that regardless of Jerry's ego and stupidity, Jimmy was gone anyways. He's said that himself. He had already gotten to the top of the mountain in Dallas and wanted a new challenge and wanted to get back to Florida. Even if Jerry kissed his ass he was ready to leave Dallas.

By the way, not denying that Jerry's ego and stupidity was the main reason for fucking up that 90's team. If he had hired a real coach instead of Switzer and if he had reinvested in the OL instead of trading away picks they could have easily been in contention for another 5 years or so.

What other coaches were on the market in 93/94?

Top Bottom