Reaction score
24fc2a9a852cda09c14e1fdc5d8432b3.jpg

[video=youtube;rzJC1pA2Jsg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzJC1pA2Jsg[/video]

[video=youtube;yo-yORpynI4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo-yORpynI4[/video]​

the stiffest test for Dak since the Philly game

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wilcox and Durant ruled out for tomorrow night.

Kavon Frazier actually got on the field on defense some last week and will be active again tomorrow. Nzeocha now may get some time on defense as well.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm a believer. I think we win this game by a comfortable margin.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They're missing their starting center and punt returner, plus I don't think Kendricks is healthy at all. They are getting a few guys back who missed the Thanksgiving game, though.

Last edited:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
we don't have the personnel to take advantage of their o-line problems

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
we don't have the personnel to take advantage of their o-line problems

Heard a Vikes writer this afternoon say he thought the 89 Cowboys had a better OL than what they're running out there now.

He thought this was a terrible matchup for them and we'd win easily.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't see us winning this game easily at all. They're absolutely desperate. We don't get pressure on the QB and don't force turnovers. They on the other hand can get some pressure on the QB and do get turnovers. They are going to blitz the shit out of us tomorrow night.

I think it has the chance to be an uglier version of the Ravens game two weeks ago.

Hope we smoke em, but I do expect it to be close.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
if the crowd is respectful and quiet when we're on offense, we'll be fine

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It all depends on how teams play that particular day (obviously) but that Vikes guy seemed to think it was such a bad matchup because 1) their OL is so bad that even our mediocre DL will get pressure and 2) they have a good defense but they're on the small side, so that doesn't match up well vs our big mauling OL.

Oh, another thing -- he said Harrison Smith was playing as well as any safety in football early in the year (I agree) but he now has a bad ankle and this writer thought they were covering up some kind of upper-body injury. Said he's not tackling nearly as well as before and the writer thought that was why.

Also said Diggs will play but if his injury limits his quickness, he's just not the same player. And he's about all they have on O -- him and Rudolph.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
just saw something saying coach zimmer is having emergency surgery on his eye and his status for tomorrow is uncertain.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't see us winning this game easily at all. They're absolutely desperate. We don't get pressure on the QB and don't force turnovers. They on the other hand can get some pressure on the QB and do get turnovers. They are going to blitz the shit out of us tomorrow night.

I think it has the chance to be an uglier version of the Ravens game two weeks ago.

Hope we smoke em, but I do expect it to be close.

Live by the blitz... die by the blitz. If Romo was playing, then I could understand your concern about their blitz. Zeke is excellent in blitz pickup, and then you have Dak that can move the pocket, and dump off to Zeke, who is fast becoming one of the best RB receivers in the league. Blitzing plays right into this Cowboys' offense.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Live by the blitz... die by the blitz. If Romo was playing, then I could understand your concern about their blitz. Zeke is excellent in blitz pickup, and then you have Dak that can move the pocket, and dump off to Zeke, who is fast becoming one of the best RB receivers in the league. Blitzing plays right into this Cowboys' offense.

I think Zeke has a huge receiving game. Their defense has been hearing all year how great this Dallas OL is and I think they will be playing a little to aggressive and Zeke is going to burn them through the air. Well short dump off's and screen passes that he gets huge chunks of yards on. I think he gets 100+ yards in a his game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mike Zimmer to have emergency eye surgery, uncertain for Thursday

5:09 AM ET
Ben Goessling
ESPN Staff Writer

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer will have emergency eye surgery Wednesday night, and his availability to coach Thursday's game against the Dallas Cowboys is uncertain, the team announced.

General manager Rick Spielman said in a statement that the Vikings have a contingency plan if Zimmer is not able to coach the game. Spielman is expected to speak to reporters Thursday morning.

Zimmer had surgery to repair a torn retina on his right eye Nov. 1, after he had scratched his eye during the Vikings' loss to the Chicago Bears on Oct. 31. Doctors had initially told Zimmer he ran the risk of going blind in the eye if he did not have the first surgery.

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer had two previous procedures on his right eye in November. Carlos Gonzalez/Star Tribune/AP Photo
He was back at work later that day but had a second procedure on his eye Nov. 8. His eye appeared bloodshot during a news conference Nov. 9, as the coach squinted against bright lights, but Zimmer said that day his vision was good.

Asked that day if he had made any adjustments to his schedule because of the operation, Zimmer said, "No, it's back to work, back to the grind."

Interim offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur and offensive line coach Tony Sparano have both been NFL head coaches, and Shurmur assumed offensive playcalling duties when Norv Turner resigned Nov. 2, the same day Zimmer first discussed his eye surgery.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Vikes ST coach Mike Priefer to serve as HC tonight in place of Zimmer.

Isnt this the same guy who they suspended a few years ago for making fun of gays or something?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Pats lose Gronkowski, possibly for two months after back surgery today.

Top Bottom