dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So according to Garrett, it sounds like the league did tell them Gregory would be able to practice, then reneged.

Also I saw some blurb yesterday where the league claimed they hadn't made any comments to the Cowboys about Gregory's situation.

FRISCO, Texas -- At one point Tuesday, the Dallas Cowboys thought Randy Gregory would be able to practice on Wednesday. By the cse of business Tuesday, the NFL informed the team the suspended defensive end would not be allowed to practice.

“We’ve had different information on that over the last couple of days, over the last couple of weeks,” coach Jason Garrett said Wednesday. “Again we’re just focused on our guys. He’s not going to practice today.”

Currently, Gregory is eligible to return to the active roster on Dec. 19 as he finishes a 10-game suspension for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy. He missed the first four games of the season for failing a number of tests in 2015.

The Cowboys had hopes he would be allowed a two-week practice exemption before the suspension ended, which would have him in better game-shape to potentially play Dec. 26 against the Detroit Lions.

Garrett would not get into whether the NFL needs to alter the open-ended nature of how it penalizes players. There have been reports Gregory is facing another suspension, which could lead to a one-year ban, after the current penalty ends. However, sources said the Cowboys have not received any word from the league.

Garrett said Gregory is doing well as he takes part in meetings and works out with the strength and conditioning coaches. He said Gregory has added some bulk to his frame.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Seahawks did it with Bruce Irvin.

A lot of Ds are taking these undersized guys and putting them at LB to keep them away from OTs. Not all of them are 3-4 OLBs.

The Falcons have Vic Beasley working as a SAM LB in their 4-3 under defense.

I can see him at linebacker. It may take him some time to get settled to understand but he has enough IQ to make things happen

Reaction score
I can see him at linebacker. It may take him some time to get settled to understand but he has enough IQ to make things happen

I agree but it's not the standard IQ or even the football IQ, it's the James Harrison berserker IQ: can't spell his own name but can find tackles for loss.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
So according to Garrett, it sounds like the league did tell them Gregory would be able to practice, then reneged.

Also I saw some blurb yesterday where the league claimed they hadn't made any comments to the Cowboys about Gregory's situation.

Wonder if the NY Giants owner whined again like usual and the league bowed to him, like usual?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Wonder if the NY Giants owner whined again like usual and the league bowed to him, like usual?
Good thing his daddy whined to the league and it listened.... back in 1959 when it came time to decide if there was going to be a NFL team in Dallas or not. Good thing his daddy allowed Tom Landry to talk with Tex Schramm regarding the newly created head coaching position, instead of what was normal at the time. Then it was a good thing his daddy let Tom out of his contract, to come coach the new Dallas team.

Without the Mara family there would be no Dallas Cowboys. So I have a sortofa hard time hating on them or the NY Giants Football Club in general.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good thing his daddy whined to the league and it listened.... back in 1959 when it came time to decide if there was going to be a NFL team in Dallas or not. Good thing his daddy allowed Tom Landry to talk with Tex Schramm regarding the newly created head coaching position, instead of what was normal at the time. Then it was a good thing his daddy let Tom out of his contract, to come coach the new Dallas team.

Without the Mara family there would be no Dallas Cowboys. So I have a sortofa hard time hating on them or the NY Giants Football Club in general.

Fuck this. Mara eats donkey dick and clearly does pull massive puppet strings with Goodell.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Mara eats donkey dick

Which one? Kate or Rooney?
Kate-Mara-hot-boobs-with-bra.jpg

Filmmakers-Magazine-rooney-mara-18098265-868-600.jpg

Reaction score
If one of those sisters said you could do anything you want with them, but the only rule is that you have to become a Giants or Steelers fan, whose jersey would you buy first? I'd probably go with Antonio Brown.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Just a smidge difference wouldn't you say? Grand Dad helped out and Dad cries like a little bitch whenever he doesn't get whatever he wants, and Goodell gives him whatever. Spoiled kid syndrome

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Encouraging, I guess

Shawn Settles
‏@shawn_settles
@BryanBroaddus is 94 in football shape, if allowed to play?

Bryan Broaddus
‏@BryanBroaddus
Bryan Broaddus Retweeted Shawn Settles

Best shape of his life. If allowed to play he'll be ready.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Could be good timing with all the guys we have beat up. Broaddus says he is in tremendous shape.

David Helman ‏@HelmanDC 56m56 minutes ago
Jerry Jones says he's been notified that Randy Gregory is eligible to return to practice and can play next week.

Reaction score
Source: NFL will rule on Randy Gregory before Cowboys playoff game

Jan 4
1/4/2017 7:52:14 PM

The NFL will rule on defensive end Randy Gregory's appeal of a missed drug test in the next seven to 10 days, Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. This according to a source.

A decision will be made before the Dallas Cowboys suit up for the NFC Divisional Playoffs on Sunday, Jan. 15, the source said.

Gregory was back with the Cowboys Wednesday after flying to New York on Tuesday to appeal the missed test that has him in the cross hairs of a year-long suspension.

Gregory was suspended for the first 14 games of the season for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

The latest issue came up while he was serving the suspension

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The NFL is pissing me off with their bullshit internal "legal system" that appears to lack due process, is arbitrary in its judgements and ridiculously & deliberately slow to render verdicts.

There is no way this issue could possibly be this complicated, he should have been suspended weeks ago already or cleared to play, this dragging ass nonsense is bullshit.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Source: NFL will rule on Randy Gregory before Cowboys playoff game

Jan 4
1/4/2017 7:52:14 PM

The NFL will rule on defensive end Randy Gregory's appeal of a missed drug test in the next seven to 10 days, Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. This according to a source.

A decision will be made before the Dallas Cowboys suit up for the NFC Divisional Playoffs on Sunday, Jan. 15, the source said.

Gregory was back with the Cowboys Wednesday after flying to New York on Tuesday to appeal the missed test that has him in the cross hairs of a year-long suspension.

Gregory was suspended for the first 14 games of the season for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

The latest issue came up while he was serving the suspension

So, they are going to make us gameplan for both scenarios. Fucking bullshit that they have drug this out this long.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The NFL is pissing me off with their bullshit internal "legal system" that appears to lack due process, is arbitrary in its judgements and ridiculously & deliberately slow to render verdicts.

There is no way this issue could possibly be this complicated, he should have been suspended weeks ago already or cleared to play, this dragging ass nonsense is bullshit.

Well, if the Giants win. The Verdict will be passed within the hour. Mara will make sure of it.

Top Bottom