dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So apparently the league has NOT yet notified that Randy Gregory will be suspended for another year. Below is a blurb from FWST, it does say in the column the "Cowboys are not planning on his return" but it does seem a little odd that the league has yet to notify the Cowboys of another pending suspension. He could potentially be eligible for the final two games of the season and the playoffs, if he is reinstated.

I'm sure he isn't in any kind of football shape and he didn't even participate in training camp or preseason either. But Nate Newton and Micky Spagnola have both seen him working in individual drills the past few weeks and think there's an OBVIOUS difference in his skill as a pass rusher compared to anyone else here. Like Charles Tapper (if cleared to play and he were activated off IR) Gregory could at least offer some value as a 3rd down pass rusher.

Certainly nothing to count on, but I guess we could always hope.

Gregory is suspended for the first 14 games of the season, meaning he could return for the final two and possibly the playoffs if he gets reinstated by the NFL.

At issue is a report last month by the NFL Network of another possible failed test by Gregory, putting him the cross hairs of a year-long suspension. Per the Cowboys, they have heard nothing from the league about Gregory and a year-long suspension. He continues to work out at the facility.

Read more here: No news on dallas cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory | The Star-Telegram

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What sucks is that even if he's high and out of shape, he is still our best pass rusher.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
What sucks is that even if he's high and out of shape, he is still our best pass rusher.

does he even have a sack? I saw him get "close" last year but that's about it.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Hey BB,

are you the one that posts videos here you've created using some device that records them from live TV?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey BB,

are you the one that posts videos here you've created using some device that records them from live TV?

yes, although it's hard to get these vids hosted at certain sites due to copyright problems

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

He had 3 or 4 sacks in preseason, then had that severe high ankle sprain in week 1 vs NYG. Hindsight is 20/20, but he should have been IR'd as he was never the same afterward.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
a latter day Junior Glymph who can't stop smoking

No on the Junior Glymph stuff.

Its absolutely fair to criticize the pot stuff, but that aside he is a legit bigtime pass rush prospect if he'd get his head out of his ass. He has some serious skill and a great first step.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
too skinny. can't do inside rushes. lack of strength means he has to do a wide circle around an OT to get to the QB. this ain't Haley or Von Miller we're waiting on.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
yes, although it's hard to get these vids hosted at certain sites due to copyright problems

Random Internet Guy: Hey bbgun, do you commit federal crimes?

bbgun: Yes, yes I do.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Would you please give me a cliff notes on your set up and how it works?

I have DirectTV and have recorded the Cowboys QB Roundtable and want to find an "easy" way to edit out the commercials and then upload it to Youtube so everyone here can watch it (its pretty funny, has Aikman, Don Meredith, Staubach, Danny White & Craig Morton).

Any suggestions?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
too skinny. can't do inside rushes. lack of strength means he has to do a wide circle around an OT to get to the QB. this ain't Haley or Von Miller we're waiting on.

STFU fake scout

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I have already declared him to be a bust. I will tolerate no more dissent on this matter.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So uh, hey Fisher. About that Randy Gregory breaking news you had. What happened?

Also I don't know why, but apparently CZ eliminated the entire thread. I cant find it anywhere over there now.

Top Bottom