Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
$110 for fiber op.

We get a bundle with cable and DVR/HD for $140

Wanted to drop cable but doesn't seem that much different.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i just unlocked an amazon fire stick last night and they've got some really nice stuff there. i didn't really do much messing around once i set it up. i did notice that it had tons of new movies. even some that are in theaters still like star wars and arrival. this easily replaces netflix for me.

i'm going to mess around with it some more but it took about 15 minutes to unlock it. and you don't need to hook it up to anything. i literally just connected the fire stick (right out of the box) to the tv and i had a youtube video playing on my phone and i just unlocked it with the amazon remote on my tv. very easy to do.

Reaction score
I have a Roku, d/l every show known to mankind for free and run it through a Plex media server that allows me to stream it to any plex app and therefore the Roku is my TV. During football season I create a free account with USTV for live tv on the roku through their app. It gives me ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX AND THE WB for free Live. When the Cowboys, like today, played the Browns and therefore weren't on National TV, I just go to p2p and stream it to yet another roku app that mirrors the screen of my iPad.

I pay 60 a month for Internet and 10 more for a VPN to grab the movies under the guise of and yeah I can watch anything anywhere in the house or basically anywhere that has internet service since Plex also allows me to stream over the internet to anywhere.
What does the picture look like when you do this? I have this vision of streaming video put on a TV looking worse than standard def...

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
What does the picture look like when you do this? I have this vision of streaming video put on a TV looking worse than standard def...

The USTV app looks like a cable broadcast, which it basically is. They must be local to Philly as all the news and commercials reference PA. Doesn't really bother me as the only times I use it is for football games. I've had to watch a couple games on my computer, but again I can mirror them from an app to the roku most of the times if I do that as well. I've really not missed having cable or satellite at all. The plex media server and torrents through a vpn provides me commerical free HD tv shows that I can usually grab about an hour after they have aired.

Top Bottom