junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Prefer to see the Indians win but it doesnt much matter. Its just nice to see the fat slob Ortiz gone and the bat flipper Bautista gone as well. No Giants either is a good thing. Once the Rangers got shelled it became pulling for the least of the evils.

Just glad Bautista got the best of the Rangers and Odor. Odor should have been banned from the game for that cheap shot sucker punch

Reaction score
It has been decades since I last watched any MLB game. I know and have known several Cubs fans; it'd be nice for them if the Cubs win. But for me, the World Series doesn't matter at all.

Reaction score
probably because it took four hours and four minutes to complete a 5-1 game last night

I used to follow it some in the 1970's and 80's. Somewhere between the labor strikes and the steroid stuff, I discovered that I didn't give a shit. Had I lived in an MLB city, maybe it'd have been different.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Just glad Bautista got the best of the Rangers and Odor. Odor should have been banned from the game for that cheap shot sucker punch

Bautista is the biggest POS in baseball. That was the greatest moment in baseball this season. Odor should be honored for that.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Bautista is the biggest POS in baseball. That was the greatest moment in baseball this season. Odor should be honored for that.

Obviously you have little knowledge of the game. Sliding hard into second? Part of the game. Overreacting and punching someone with a blatant cheap shot? Immature and childish. The sign of obvious immaturity. Children probably saw that! Maybe someone's nephew even!

Bat flipping after dominating your opponent? A common show of passion that has long been part of the game dating back to Willie "White Shoes" Johnson

We obviously aren't going to agree on this, but I think we can agree Odor got off lightly. At a minimum, Bautista should have been able to shove a bat up Odors ass and flip him around the infield for like 5 minutes. That plus like a 200 game suspension seems fair. I can't see how anyone could argue that

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
good thing Bobby Valentine restored order and honor to the clubhouse

i don't kno how he even was able to get an interview much less the job...must've been pretty slim pickins.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I used to follow it some in the 1970's and 80's. Somewhere between the labor strikes and the steroid stuff, I discovered that I didn't give a shit. Had I lived in an MLB city, maybe it'd have been different.

I'm still a baseball fan, but I was a much bigger fan back in the 70's and 80's myself.

I dont watch a ton of regular season games anymore, bits and pieces here and there. Usually watch the playoffs if I can, especially the LCS and WS.

But like the NFL now, MLB was poorly run for a long time and it definitely caused me to take a step back as a fan. As you mentioned steroids and labor strikes were extremely shitty. Also liked the two division format and only two playoff teams from each league far better.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Obviously you have little knowledge of the game.

Im quite certain that my knowledge of the game is far greater than yours. The fact that you would take Bautista's side on anything is proof enough.

Bautista is a world class a hole. His bat flips and chirping and yapping is classless, and fitting since the entire Toronto organization is as classless as any in pro sports. Id be more than happy to give Odor a handshake and buy him a drink for what he did to Bautista. Im sure most MLB players were quite happy to see that happen to Joey Bats as well. If Bautista hadnt been running his yap and trying to play Barney Badass with Odor he wouldnt have gotten what he deserved. Odor just beat him to the punch and didnt give him the opportunity to do anything.

bb.jpg

635990017108750919-AP-898182739155.jpg

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Now we get to see Cleveland pitchers try to hit for the next three games and no Kyle Schwarber. YAY!

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Im quite certain that my knowledge of the game is far greater than yours. The fact that you would take Bautista's side on anything is proof enough.
I think my obviously accurate historical references beg to differ.

Bautista is a world class a hole. His bat flips and chirping and yapping is classless, and fitting since the entire Toronto organization is as classless as any in pro sports.
This just sounds like sour grapes from someone who roots for a team that has never won a World Series. I mean it is obviously just envy on your part that Toronto has won the World Series a couple of times and spanked the Rangers yet again this year. It's probably hard cheering for what is basically a AAA team.

Id be more than happy to give Odor a handshake and buy him a drink for what he did to Bautista.
He'd probably punch you right in the face!

Im sure most MLB players were quite happy to see that happen to Joey Bats as well.
Nope

If Bautista hadnt been running his yap and trying to play Barney Badass with Odor he wouldnt have gotten what he deserved. Odor just beat him to the punch and didnt give him the opportunity to do anything.
Sure he beat him to the punch. That's what happens when you sucker punch someone!

I'm rethinking what is really appropriate punishment for this punk. Not only should Bautista get to do the whole bat up the ass batflip thing, plus the 200 games, but this guy should be banned from any future All Star games and the Hall of Fame. I mean not even able to buy a ticket. Can you imagine if they let him in the HoF? He'd probably try to sucker punch Bautista's bust!

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I think my obviously accurate historical references beg to differ.

This just sounds like sour grapes from someone who roots for a team that has never won a World Series. I mean it is obviously just envy on your part that Toronto has won the World Series a couple of times and spanked the Rangers yet again this year. It's probably hard cheering for what is basically a AAA team.

He'd probably punch you right in the face!

Nope

Sure he beat him to the punch. That's what happens when you sucker punch someone!

I'm rethinking what is really appropriate punishment for this punk. Not only should Bautista get to do the whole bat up the ass batflip thing, plus the 200 games, but this guy should be banned from any future All Star games and the Hall of Fame. I mean not even able to buy a ticket. Can you imagine if they let him in the HoF? He'd probably try to sucker punch Bautista's bust!

My team has World Series wins. More than Toronto. More Hall of Famers. More Cy Young winners. More MVP's. More Rookie of the Year winners. More Gold Glove winners. More Manager of the Year winners. More All Star Game MVP's. Better stadium.

The only thing Toronto has more of is classless individuals from the FO to managers (like Cito) to players.

Reaction score
Obviously you have little knowledge of the game. Sliding hard into second? Part of the game. Overreacting and punching someone with a blatant cheap shot? Immature and childish. The sign of obvious immaturity. Children probably saw that! Maybe someone's nephew even!

Bat flipping after dominating your opponent? A common show of passion that has long been part of the game dating back to Willie "White Shoes" Johnson

We obviously aren't going to agree on this, but I think we can agree Odor got off lightly. At a minimum, Bautista should have been able to shove a bat up Odors ass and flip him around the infield for like 5 minutes. That plus like a 200 game suspension seems fair. I can't see how anyone could argue that
The way the Rangers handled that whol thing was bush league... not plunking him until his last at bat of their last game of the regular season. And then that wasn't enough.

Odor is a hot head. He probably gets it from his manager.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The way the Rangers handled that whol thing was bush league... not plunking him until his last at bat of their last game of the regular season. And then that wasn't enough.

Odor is a hot head. He probably gets it from his manager.

Everything about the Blue Jays is bush league so rather appropriate.

Top Bottom