Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Saying the Broncos, Bears and Jets would or are showing interest.

Really don't believe the one I saw about the Broncos. Saying it would be a straight up trade before the deadline; Siemien for Romo. That one makes no sense unless they were to throw a draft pick in.

And realistically. Who is going to trade for Romo? Yeah, he could pass a physical. But he did this offseason and proceeded to get put back on IR after a seemingly benign tackle.

I don't think anyone is trading for Romo until they see him play at least half a season.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We'll wind up needing him at some point this season. Barring some silly ridiculous offer involving a 1st round pick, and combined with Jerry's clingy nature, I don't see any trade happening this season. All bets are off though, for the coming offseason.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Bradford went for a 1st and 3rd. I want better then that.

Bradford is much younger, healthier (save for those old ACL tears) and Philly had desperate Minny by the shorthairs. We have no similar advantages.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Saying the Broncos, Bears and Jets would or are showing interest.

Really don't believe the one I saw about the Broncos. Saying it would be a straight up trade before the deadline; Siemien for Romo. That one makes no sense unless they were to throw a draft pick in.

And realistically. Who is going to trade for Romo? Yeah, he could pass a physical. But he did this offseason and proceeded to get put back on IR after a seemingly benign tackle.

I don't think anyone is trading for Romo until they see him play at least half a season.

I think you underestimate the number of really bad QB's there are in the NFL. And 4 of them play for the Jets. If Romo is available there will be multiple teams interested in trading for him. Maybe not for a 1st but teams will be interested.

I agree though that I highly doubt a trade will happen during the season. If anything happens it won't be until the off season. Romo or Dak will be the best backup QB in the NFL. If Romo is starting by Thanksgiving then I believe they are going to need Dak to play on Thanksgiving because of the short week. The last thing any of us want is Sanchez getting on the field. Romo's value won't be any different than it is now. Besides the Cowboys don't HAVE to trade Romo.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Romo's potential value for us is far greater than anything we could get in a trade. Its all media driven BS.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd trade him for a seventh if it would wipe his salary off the books. take the savings and pump it into the defense.

Reaction score
I'd trade him in a heart beat. But it would never happen.

Salary wouldn't allow it. Jerry and Garrets love for him would never allow it. He could never pass a physical. Naw... this guy is a Cowboy for life, unfortunately.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
this guy is a Cowboy for life

they're not gonna pay him all that money not to play for the next 2-3 years, and his pride wont allow it. something's gotta give. if he's still on the roster next August, they might make the qb position an open competition.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bradford is much younger, healthier (save for those old ACL tears) and Philly had desperate Minny by the shorthairs. We have no similar advantages.

Was thinking Bradford also had multiple shoulder problems, but I may be confusing him with someone else.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We'll wind up needing him at some point this season. Barring some silly ridiculous offer involving a 1st round pick, and combined with Jerry's clingy nature, I don't see any trade happening this season. All bets are off though, for the coming offseason.

I agree, trading him this year makes no sense unless some team goes apeshit and makes an offer so great theyd have to accept

Reaction score
I think the only way the Cowboys trade Romo is if Romo asks for a trade. Romo would likely have input on which teams were acceptable trading partners.

Reaction score
The only way Romo would ever win a Super Bowl is if this was true, and he was traded to the Broncos.

I'd like to see Ware get another ring.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Romo's potential value for us is far greater than anything we could get in a trade. Its all media driven BS.

This is correct. No way do we trade him until the season is over. Only that allows us to properly address Dak's backup.

Top Bottom