Reaction score
A Pennsylvania pastor faces nearly 170 criminal charges after he allegedly impregnated a 15-year-old girl from his youth group during a seven-month sexual relationship, authorities said.

Wesley Blackburn, 35, was arrested after his wife told Faith Brethren Bible Church’s head pastor last Thursday that her husband had confessed to what was called an “affair,” WJAC-TV reported.

Blackburn allegedly told his wife that he no longer loved her anymore, that he wanted a divorce and that the teen was pregnant.

Read: Teacher Charged With Child Sex Abuse After Being Impregnated By Student

“She said, ‘I don’t know what to do,’ and I said, ‘I do,’” Senior Pastor Jim Espenshade, told the television station, saying that within minutes he and the rest of the church leaders met, fired Blackburn and called the police.

Blackburn, a father of five who served as a youth pastor and Sunday school teacher, allegedly told Pennsylvania State Police that he met the girl in 2009 and they grew closer after she joined his youth group in 2014, according to an affidavit of probable cause obtained by The Tribune-Democrat.

The pair developed a physical relationship in March, Blackburn reportedly said.

Read: Teacher Accused of Having Sex With Student While Fiance Was At Bachelor Party

"[I feel] disappointed, betrayed, stabbed in the back. I have a 14-year-old granddaughter. When I heard what he did - upset is a good word for it," Espenshade told WJAC-TV.

Blackburn was charged with 84 felony counts of statutory sexual assault, 84 misdemeanor counts of indecent assault and one felony count of corruption of minors.

He was arraigned Thursday and remains in Bedford County Jail on $200,000 bail. He is scheduled to appear in court October 19.

DakAttack

Spectator
Reaction score
I didn't even want to read that title!! But get your point sorry just don't like being exposed to this type of stuff and last place I thought I'd see it is on the timeline of my Cowboys forum.

But still though- who really would want to read this? I think it is an applicable question especially considering where we are.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
People having sex with under aged kids is kind of mind boggling. Every situation is different like here where the pastor took advantage as authority or father figure in her life. What I really dont understand is how this guy or the adult in any situation like this doesnt think what happened will ever get out. The first thing most kids want to do is share their sexual conquests with their friends so you can best believe some of her friends knew. Nothing is worth statutory rape. If you like em young all you have to do is wait til there 18th birthday for god sakes.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Sounds like the youth pastors wife wasnt taking care of her husbands needs at home.

Or maybe he just needed some extra.

Im sure Bubba where he is going will give the youth pastor a lil extra.

Reaction score
Wesley Blackburn, 35, was arrested after his wife told Faith Brethren Bible Church’s head pastor last Thursday that her husband had confessed to what was called an “affair,” WJAC-TV reported.

Blackburn allegedly told his wife that he no longer loved her anymore, that he wanted a divorce and that the teen was pregnant.

I wonder how he figured that conversation would turn out

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The pair developed a physical relationship
No they did not. He began a sexual assault relationship with the minor. She has no ability to give consent.

Reaction score
No they did not. He began a sexual assault relationship with the minor. She has no ability to give consent.

They had some sort of sexual relationship for almost a year. Granted, she might be immature of mind, but she consented nonetheless.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't even want to read that title!! But get your point sorry just don't like being exposed to this type of stuff and last place I thought I'd see it is on the timeline of my Cowboys forum.

But still though- who really would want to read this? I think it is an applicable question especially considering where we are.

There's a place on the forum for Cowboys talk and there's a place for other news which is where this was posted. It should be informative for folks who like to stick their head in the sand that there are some fucked up people out there.

Thanks for posting Mid. It's good to be reminded how truly fucked up people are.

Reaction score
Minors can't legally consume alcohol. Doesn't mean that when a 16 year old chugs a beer, he's not really chugging a beer.

This was a long relationship she agreed to be in.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Minors can't legally consume alcohol. Doesn't mean that when a 16 year old chugs a beer, he's not really chugging a beer.

This was a long relationship she agreed to be in.
She did not agree, she is not capable of making such a agreement or giving any consent for it whatsoever. Chugging a beer isn't comparable. The child is a victim not a participant.

What, you think if the perp grooms them properly it's all well and good and the vic is a accomplice when the vic is 15?

Reaction score
The law doesn't recognize consent at that age. Doesn't meant she didn't give consent.

Had she wanted no part, this would have been discovered some way other than him confessing to his wife.

Top Bottom