Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I was just curious if Sanchez would remain in the practice squad. So QB depth would be Tony-Dak-Kellen. RB depth would be Zeke-Alfred-Lance

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I was just curious if Sanchez would remain in the practice squad. So QB depth would be Tony-Dak-Kellen. RB depth would be Zeke-Alfred-Lance

Sanchez isn't eligible for the Practice Squad. Too many years in the league

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Doug Free's contract is getting restructured. Trade is coming guys. Who might we be looking at?

Cowboys Restructured OT Doug Free’s Contract, Created $1M In Cap Space

Nate Bouda 3 hours ago Cowboys Leave a comment
Follow @nfltrade_rumors

Field Yates of ESPN reports that the Cowboys recently converted $2 million of OT Doug Free‘s base salary into a bonus, which created $1 million in cap space for the team.

Dallas currently had $10,086,373 in available cap room to work with, so it’s interesting to see them make a move to gain some addition cap space.

Free, 32, is a former fourth-round pick of the Cowboys back in 2007. He’s currently in the second year of his three-year, $15 million contract that includes $6 million guaranteed and was set to make a base salary of $4 million for the 2016 season.

In 2016, Free has appeared in six games for the Cowboys and was rated by Pro Football Focus as the No. 50 offensive tackle out of 78 qualifying players.

Everything I was finding was closer to $6M. If this article is right we actually could trade Romo (with another $1M freed up) although that does not seem like a move we would make now. Unless Romo is healthy and is asking out. Hopefully this is for a pass rusher and it would need to be serious one if the Cowboys had $9M in cap room and felt they needed to create another $1M by restructuring Free.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Everything I was finding was closer to $6M. If this article is right we actually could trade Romo (with another $1M freed up) although that does not seem like a move we would make now. Unless Romo is healthy and is asking out. Hopefully this is for a pass rusher and it would need to be serious one if the Cowboys had $9M in cap room and felt they needed to create another $1M by restructuring Free.

Yeah when I saw this I started thinking that maybe (hopefully) the wheels are turning for a pending move.

Would love a blockbuster deal involving Romo, but short of that getting a quality pass rusher would be huge for us. A starting caliber LB wouldn't be a bad move either, but the pass rusher addition could be a huge difference maker for us.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hopefully a quality pass rusher!

Hope Aints lose big next two weeks, maybe we can pry Cameron Jordan from them.

A big trade for a pass rusher would definitely be headline news.

That's one way you win the Bye week.

Reaction score
Given how many things are going right for this team, it doesn't seem farfetched to think they could also pull off a key trade. This team is on a roll.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
hopefully they have jeri fully distracted so he doesn't get bullheaded and do something stupid in order to accomplish that stupid goal

Getting a legit pass rusher isn't a stupid goal.

What in your opinion would constitute a "bullheaded....something stupid" move?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Getting a legit pass rusher isn't a stupid goal.

What in your opinion would constitute a "bullheaded....something stupid" move?

something like this:

The winless Detroit Lions traded their unhappy 2004 first-round pick and one-time Pro Bowler for three draft picks, from the first, third and sixth round in 2009. Detroit also gave the Cowboys a seventh-rounder next year. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he struck the deal two minutes before the NFL trade deadline.Oct 14, 2008

I dont want to make a trade just for the sake of making a move when Dallas wont have any leverage and will likely be forced to overpay

If jeri has it in his head that this team is one player from winning the super bowl, its right in his wheelhouse to get bullheaded and start believing the notion that some player out there is the last piece of the puzzle. And when he gets visions of cherry plums and super bowls dancing through his head, he'll gladly overpay because as he likes to remind us, his best deals were ones that he appeared to overpay for at the time of his purchase.

Cliff notes: I dont trust jeri

Last edited:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Romo for Aaron Donald. Calling it now.

When exactly is the trade deadline?

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
b807e413aa026ce6d8e2b04f6bca90af.jpg

Top Bottom