Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
In a stunning reversal of fortune, showing how this is a parity-driven league and the era of dynasties is long over.

They dropped their 4th game tonight, this time to lowly Tampa - and at HOME no less.

Reaction score
Living just north of Charlotte, I'm loving it.

These fans were way to cocky last year.

Between Carolina losing the Super Bowl, and Golden State blowing a 3-1 lead.... local sports fans around here who talked sooooo much shit have a lot of egg on their face. Curry is from this area and a lot of locals jumped on the GS bandwagon.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't think I dislike any team in the NFC more than the panthers.

Glad to see them struggling.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't think I dislike any team in the NFC more than the panthers.

Glad to see them struggling.

Eagles
Redskins
Giants

Yep I can think of a few NFC I despise

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Hey Carolina, you're 1-5 now but Man, your quarterback sure is a sharp dresser!

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Same here, dooms. The laissez faire attitude that Romo has, and this whole organization really since Parcells left, really bugs me.

Look at the Spurs when they're losing. It's all doom and gloom facial expressions on the sidelines; from Pop on down. Tim Duncan always looks like he wants to wake up the next day and practice his patented off the glass shot 300 times; which he probably goes and does.

Yet in Dallas it's, 'We're the Cowboys; if we just keep going on about it the right way, things will get better. Smiles all around!'. No sense of urgency whatsoever. Which is why Duncan and Pop will go down in history as one of the icons of the NBA; while Tony will probably get into the HOF on the 2nd or 3rd ballot. Not even going to get into what people will be reminiscing of when they think of Garrett 15, 20 years from now.

Now I'm not necessarily saying that Dak is so different in that regards, but still.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yep I'll give him that, he's not all yuk-yuk and happy go lucky, butt-slapping and clapping, when things go wrong. That always bothered me about Romo.

I think that stems from the fact he was never supposed to even make it in the NFL. Since he overcame the odds, there's probably always a part of him that feels he's already won.

All true but not the killer instinct you need in that position

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think that stems from the fact he was never supposed to even make it in the NFL. Since he overcame the odds, there's probably always a part of him that feels he's already won.

All true but not the killer instinct you need in that position
That's putting it a lot better than i ever did - I've always said he never got over the hump of "local boy makes good" enough to then take the job seriously.

And yes I agree with him - he's already won. He officially won on the day that Idiot Jerry gave him that ridiculous contract, without any due diligence of the physical exam.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That makes zero sense, guys. If Romo thought he already had it made and didn't take things seriously, he wouldn't be out there playing with punctured lungs and coming back from broken bones weeks before they're healed. God knows it wasn't because the team had anyone who could take his job behind him.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That makes zero sense, guys. If Romo thought he already had it made and didn't take things seriously, he wouldn't be out there playing with punctured lungs and coming back from broken bones weeks before they're healed. God knows it wasn't because the team had anyone who could take his job behind him.

I didn't mean to suggest he doesn't take things serious or isn't competitive, I like Romo...a lot. I just perceive the happy go lucky thing as partly just happy to be in the league because he was such a longshot to make it and partly how he salves the pain of so many disappointing losses & season endings.

As usual, what the fuck do I know, I'm just spitballin'

Top Bottom