dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

With Tyron Smith suffering back spasms and Doug Free working through a quadriceps strain, the Dallas Cowboys will sign offensive tackle Emmett Cleary, who was cut earlier this month by the New York Giants. Before the signing is official, the Cowboys have to clear a roster spot. Cleary was among a number of players the Cowboys worked out after the season opener. The Cowboys don't believe Smith's injury is severe, but Cleary offers some insurance.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Boston College alum. 6'7, 324. 26 yrs old

Apparently he was waived injured by Giants at final cut down this yr. He was on the practice squad last yr, then moved to active roster 2nd half of season.

Reaction score
Not sure anybody will. I bet Collins might go to short term IR or maybe they IR Tapper.

Good call.

Just listened to Garretts press conference and he said "we don't plan out how many carries the RBs are going to get before the games [he then insinuated that the game is so variable how could you]" but then he went on to explain that they pretty much stick with the game plan of Morris coming into the "rotation" in the third quarter.

So they don't plan it because you never know how the game is going to go. Great.
They plan for Morris to rotate in at predetermined parts of a variable game and they follow the game plan. Not Great.

I don't buy the first statement but I have witnessed the harm of the second statement many times.

Top Bottom