dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
DE Charles Tapper update-: Now on IR

Per Brandon George

I would think they'd have to start seriously considering putting him on season ending IR now and getting another DE on the active roster.

Also Jones said today Demarcus Lawrence has a physical issue going on that's "limiting him". Its rumored to be the back problem that was addressed early in the offseason.

Wondering if we see DE Zach Moore called up from PS. He's the guy we signed after the Vikes let him go at final cutdowns.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
LOL Jones. Apparently he got Tapper and Lawrence confused.

Brandon George Verified account 
‏@DMN_George
Cowboys DE DeMarcus Lawrence was in the locker room today. Said he doesn't have any limitations that will keep him from playing.

Reaction score
I don't get why so many people are tracking Tappers back. I'm talking about fans being so worried about when he'll be ready. Like he's gonna contribute this year at all.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't get why so many people are tracking Tappers back. I'm talking about fans being so worried about when he'll be ready. Like he's gonna contribute this year at all.

Almost assuredly is in for a redshirt season now but its too bad, really liked his physical talent. Unlike most of our other DE's he has explosiveness, speed, long arms etc etc. Could have helped us this yr had he been healthy I think.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tapper officially to IR:

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman 5m5 minutes ago

Cowboys have placed rookie DE Charles Tapper (back) on IR to make room for newly-signed OT Emmett Cleary

Reaction score
It is too bad that Tapper isn't contributing. And the Jaylon Smith medical redshirt isn't helping things right now.

But even so, this rookie class is doing fairly well. You get Prescott with all that he brings (hell, he may be Romo's successor), a playmaker in Zeke, quality contributions from Collins and Brown. As far as rookie classes go, it could be (and has been) much worse.

Top Bottom