Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
He has a knee sprain, and nothing was torn. He is not expected to miss any games.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
based on the slo-mo replay, I thought another year was down the drain for him

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No practice for Dez today. Smith also out again and Free is limited.

Unfortunately I really believe we're going to get bad news on Dez today. Hopefully it wont be season ending or season limiting, but I bet he doesn't play this week at least.

Not having Tyron Smith again this week would also be a big concern. I think the Niners have more defensive talent than the Bears had by a considerable margin.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dez did play the rest of the game after that, so I doubt it's anything too terrible.

It is really weird how they've delayed and/or denied the MRI. David Moore actually suggested they've been doing this to drum up interest and keep everyone talking about the team. Pretty cynical view from someone who is fair but still usually pretty team-friendly.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dez did play the rest of the game after that, so I doubt it's anything too terrible.

It is really weird how they've delayed and/or denied the MRI. David Moore actually suggested they've been doing this to drum up interest and keep everyone talking about the team. Pretty cynical view from someone who is fair but still usually pretty team-friendly.

So they want to drum up interest by keeping people in the dark about a medical thing?

That doesn't make much sense to me. of course a lot of stuff they do doesn't make much sense to me, so there's that.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So they want to drum up interest by keeping people in the dark about a medical thing?

That doesn't make much sense to me. of course a lot of stuff they do doesn't make much sense to me, so there's that.

My buddy who worked in PR for them (about 6 years ago) said that Jerry used to come in and tell them that if the Cowboys weren't being talked about on ESPN that day then they (the PR dept.) weren't doing their jobs and he might as well not pay them.

So it wouldn't shock me.

Reaction score
Yep... Garrett told that to the 49ers reporters in the weekly conference call. But he also threw out the old "day-to-day" "week-to-week" thing and "hopeful he'll play this week."

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My buddy who worked in PR for them (about 6 years ago) said that Jerry used to come in and tell them that if the Cowboys weren't being talked about on ESPN that day then they (the PR dept.) weren't doing their jobs and he might as well not pay them.

So it wouldn't shock me.

surely there are other stories he's told you?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
9d6b36f9c8a56018c946462f153d7d89.jpg

So it's a hairline fracture of the knee

We ALL knew it was more serious than they were letting on.

And these players need to stop drinking Gatorade and need to start drinking milk! This team is a bunch of brittle mothafuckas

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Jerry's revenue stream $700 million a year from the Cowboys. That is twice as much as all other teams except a hand full. Make sense now? Publicity of any kind keeps the snake oil selling. When it comes to how Jerry thinks always follow the $$$$$.

Reaction score
Last thing @dallascowboys want is to turn hairline crack into displaced tibial plateau fracture needing surgery. Docs will do right thing.

Top Bottom