kwcoolk619

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I feel that JSmith was brought back too fast for his situation. Playing him on so many plays is not helping the D. A competent D/C (regardless of Lee and Hitchens or any other LB injuries) would have only have him in for 10-15 plays per game for the first half of the season, then make an evaluation after that, and go forward from there. He needs another year to fully grasp the Pro game. But it seems that JSmith has the heart and will to play. It may not be for Dallas but it can be for another team.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Is there a way to make a poll?

I'd like to ask everyone whether they feel jeri is behind the scenes demanding Jaylon play or completely uninvolved?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I'd like to ask everyone whether they feel jeri is behind the scenes demanding Jaylon play or completely uninvolved?

There is absolutely NOTHING to do with the Cowboys that Jerry is uninvolved with

Period

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Come on Yim, taking the gimp at 34 when most other teams had him off the board, and then spinning the utter bullshit that NE was gonna jump ahead and draft him has to be one of the biggest frauds ever hoisted out to Cowboy fans. The whole thing, and I mean the whole thing screams: Jerry's pick, Jerry's pet cat, and Jerry insisting that he play when even the biggest fan boys are throwing in the towel. Jerry would have dislocated both shoulders patting himself on the back if this had worked out but he and Fuzzy apparently went to the same medical school.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Come on Yim, taking the gimp at 34 when most other teams had him off the board, and then spinning the utter bullshit that NE was gonna jump ahead and draft him has to be one of the biggest frauds ever hoisted out to Cowboy fans. The whole thing, and I mean the whole thing screams: Jerry's pick, Jerry's pet cat, and Jerry insisting that he play when even the biggest fan boys are throwing in the towel. Jerry would have dislocated both shoulders patting himself on the back if this had worked out but he and Fuzzy apparently went to the same medical school.

Obviously thats my take but wanted everyone to sound off to see if my MASSIVE hate for jeri was blinding me to reality

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I am sure he is the best one footed player in the league. Just like being the least hideous woman in the room.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
What else is Jaylon supposed to think? Every time he does something bad he looks over at Garrett for some coaching all he’s doing is standing there clapping. So no reason he thinks his season has gone well.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
How many games will Jaylon Smith play this year?

1-6
7-16
Props to Jaylon, he's going to play in all 16 games. I would have guessed 1-6 games before the season.

I'm doubtful we ever see the player he looked destined to be in college though. Hope he proves me wrong.

Reaction score
Still curious to see what happens with Smith. He was mostly invisible this season, next season will tell the tale.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Still curious to see what happens with Smith. He was mostly invisible this season, next season will tell the tale.

I think there are signs of progress. You can see glimpses of the explosive speed and the last few games he wasn't a liability when trying to move laterally.

With another full offseason of training and hopefully further nerve regeneration, I think he could be set up for a good year next yr.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jaylon Smith moving to SOLB

Apparently they are moving him to strong OLB, which means he will be competing with Damien Wilson there unless they are also flipping Wilson to weak OLB and maybe moving Lee back to MLB. Seems like a lot of moving parts if that's the case.

Assuming they don't resign Hitchens (which seems like a foregone conclusion) and that Lee is staying in his current weak OLB role, it means there will be a new MLB for 2018. Either an early draft pick or a free agent signee.

As I mentioned in other threads, I could see Marinelli looking at the kids from Va Tech (Edmunds) and Boise St (Vander Esch) and seeing similarities to Urlacher when he was the bears MLB. With their range and length they could really be assets jamming up the passing lanes in the intermediate areas of the middle of the field.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Give us a Mike who isn't a gimp or a china doll, please. Draft a badass.

BigD

Spectator
Reaction score
Seems like just yesterday we were being told Jaylon was going to be a 10 year fixture at MLB and the kind of guy build your D around. 2 years later he's on the move. 4 years later and Byron still doesn't have a spot and is being moved again as well. This staff seems pretty clueless.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Seems like just yesterday we were being told Jaylon was going to be a 10 year fixture at MLB and the kind of guy build your D around. 2 years later he's on the move. 4 years later and Byron still doesn't have a spot and is being moved again as well. This staff seems pretty clueless.

a fish rots from the head down

Top Bottom