Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The only one this should be surprising to is the Jones family. Damn near everyone knew he's never going to be the same.
They knew it too..... This was never anything more than a little social welfare project.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
P.R. I actually could see that being the case.
Well..... PR maybe but to me it's more like "Aww too bad, this really good kid having that terrible luck. We can give him a good income for a few years though, I mean it's just money after all."

Same reason we have at least one Jameill Showers or the like on the practice squad, every year it's possible to carry them there. Just little social welfare projects Jerruh likes to use team funds to do.

Reaction score
They knew it too..... This was never anything more than a little social welfare project.

I think the same thing about the TWilly signing. I think they know that this is his last stop and can't coach or bake or color in the lines.
A kid too dumb really do anything out of football. Probably will only have a blocking and special teams role by the end of this year. Will play out contract and have some money still to keep himself out of places that are not successful for him, like the area above his shoulders. Pun intended.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry probably hoped that his Jersey sales would be enough to carry him on the roster even if he never took a snap. He probably figures the sales would cover his rookie contract in hopes that he might actually recover and play one day

If not then it would be a wash financially

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
2.) What's the latest from Jaylon Smith? Last year's second round pick is on a Tuesday and Thursday practice schedule. He didn't participate last Wednesday and he's not expected to participate this Wednesday. He's unlikely to work every day even when the team travels to California for training camp in July. During Jones' lengthy interview on DallasCowboys.com, he said the plan is still for Smith to "make a big difference in the opening game for the Dallas Cowboys."

My plan is to win the Power Ball and have my hair all miraculously grow back.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing him in person in camp. I just need to figure out what days he will actually be on the field.

For OTA's he was only practicing every other day. So I need to plan my visit to training camp on a day he is going to be in pads

Anyone know if they will allow video cameras at training camp?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well here is a bit of good news in the midst of all the Zeke bullshit. Apparently the nerve is regenerating well and they expect it to be 100% in six to nine months which would be in time for the playoffs. So we will have him playing al season but he will be full go by the playoffs.

Plus the brace he has been wearing for awhile now is not the orthotic that everyone thought it was which was for the drop foot. He is and has been wearing the same type of brace that you wear for a high ankle sprain. So those are two major steps in the right direction.

Jaylon himself says he feels like his old self again and can do anything he used to be able to do.

This will all be put to the test in two weeks when the pads come on.

But all in all this seems to be the best outcome we could hope for.

Assuming he doesn't re-injure himself in training camp

I'll try to get video of him on the field myself when I go to training camp. I just have to wait to hear how they are going to use him in camp. In OTA's they had him on the field every other day. So I need to see if they do that for camp so I can plan around that.

Last edited:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
maybe I'm in the minority, but I wish they'd keep him out another year. he's still young, and 12 more months of healing can only help him long-term

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I want the guy to comeback but he is already almost one year behind schedule. I'm no doctor but the word could completely regenerate was used in the article that I read. The fan boys at the zone are already counting on this with stuff like 'he'll be 100% for the SB". The Cowboys trainer said basically that he didnt want Smith to be judged as a football player this year. This is the first anybody has heard form the trainer who is in a position to know the real story. Bottom line: Until proven otherwise its a blown pick.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
And he will be, guaranteed. 100% ready to watch it, from his couch at home like the rest of the team, and us.

If there is a prop bet in Vegas to win the SB in 2018 where you can bet the Cowboys or the field, mortgage your house and bet the field.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
maybe I'm in the minority, but I wish they'd keep him out another year. he's still young, and 12 more months of healing can only help him long-term

Broaddus is apparently saying some physicians are saying the same thing, though I don't think he says which ones

Top Bottom