bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
we have the Greatest Cowboy of all time thread, how about the worst Cowboy of all time?

Phil Pozderac would possibly get my vote simply for his one game masterpiece of penalties...

I'm sure there are others, I just always think of that game when worst comes up

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
A lot of players come to mind.

Lynn Scott. Quincy Carter. Barry Church. Doug Free. Terrance Newman. Brandon Carr.

Probably Lynn Scott would be the one I hated most. I think he was mainly special teams player, maybe he played some safety or something, but I always hated seeing his scrub ass on the field, and he kept his job for like 5 years. I always said, you are not a very good team if Lynn Scott continues to make your roster every year. I think that was during the 5-11 Campo years.

Really hated that dude, and I don't think it was his fault.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
A lot of players come to mind.

Lynn Scott. Quincy Carter. Barry Church. Doug Free. Terrance Newman. Brandon Carr.

Probably Lynn Scott would be the one I hated most. I think he was mainly special teams player, maybe he played some safety or something, but I always hated seeing his scrub ass on the field, and he kept his job for like 5 years. I always said, you are not a very good team if Lynn Scott continues to make your roster every year. I think that was during the 5-11 Campo years.

Really hated that dude, and I don't think it was his fault.

Your description of Lynn Scott (who I have no recall of at all?) perfectly describes Jeff Heath if you ask me

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just been on Pro Football Reference to check his stats from 1990. Jesus wept, he was worse than I remember!

24-67-279-1TD-6INT QBR 16.9

I was at the game vs Atlanta to end the season in 1990. It was one of the absolute worst performances by a QB ever.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Rob Petitti
Pat McQuistan
Cory Procter
Phil Costa

Petitti had a couple decent games and I had high hopes for Costa, but alas, it just was not to be...

McQuistan was not good for Dallas (or anyone else that I can remember), he had a brother in the league... can't recall if the brother was any better?

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I was at the game vs Atlanta to end the season in 1990. It was one of the absolute worst performances by a QB ever.
And if the Saints had lost on the Monday night we still would have made the play-offs as a 7-9 team. Just imagine that, Babe Laufenberg starting in a play-off game. Makes me shudder.

Still, one good thing came out of his shitty play - Jimmy went and got Steve Buerlein to back up Troy and save us from witnessing another Babe performance.

Top Bottom