Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We had Dez wanting to play in preseason, because he wanted to play with Dak. That's what he said, anyway.

I've been watching Dak and Tony, and while Tony's still prone to yuk-yuk, Dak is serious as a heart attack most all of the time. As he should be, which is sort of the point. I have been waiting what, eight years for Tony to get serious and knock off the yuk-yuk?

Could this be the tonic needed in Dallas, if Romo is done?

I am ready for Romo to be gone, and have been for at least three years. Let's move on, his era is over. Dak might be the answer or then again might not, I want to find out.

I'm actually looking forward to this season with much greater optimism than I've been able to muster in years.

Call me crazy - and you probably will. But I don't think this team ever truly achieves with Romo at the helm. It never has, why the fuck would we think it ever will?

Not blaming Tony, just saying - we've never seen achievement for this team since he's been entrenched as QB. In 2014 he seemed to get dead serious for the first time, and turned in his best year. But age and injuries have caught up to him now. He's not to blame for the horrid coaching and the lousy defenses we've been fielding - he just was a victim of bad timing for being the Dallas QB.

He's done quite well for himself though, made millions with millions more guaranteed. I really hope he walks away from the game now - might be the best thing for all concerned.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I may be crazy, well all you guys know I'm crazy, but in regard to what I thought I saw in preseason games, I got the distinct impression that the players were really responding to Dak, it almost seemed like they had an extra step or an extra gear they were giving.

Like You, I'm really curious to see if this is a preseason mirage or the beginning of a potential oasis in the desert of shit we've been putting up with for so long,

As for culture, I don't think jeri gives two shits about it nor does he think it matters one iota. I could have sworn I've heard him say as much so its gonna take the players to create a new culture and force it down jerks throat.

I sure loved the attitude Zeke brought in jawing with Kam, et al

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I may be crazy, well all you guys know I'm crazy, but in regard to what I thought I saw in preseason games, I got the distinct impression that the players were really responding to Dak, it almost seemed like they had an extra step or an extra gear they were giving.

Like You, I'm really curious to see if this is a preseason mirage or the beginning of a potential oasis in the desert of shit we've been putting up with for so long,

As for culture, I don't think jeri gives two shits about it nor does he think it matters one iota. I could have sworn I've heard him say as much so its gonna take the players to create a new culture and force it down jerks throat.

Yep I agree about Jeri not understanding culture or espirit de corps and not caring about it. That's evident. And I think every team needs that spiritual leader to supply that. Roger fit that bill, so did Troy and Emmitt. I dont think Tony really ever has, for whatever reason. Might be due to the yuk-yuk.

The teammates respect his abilities, but do they really wanna run through a wall for him? Do they really worry all that much about disappointing him?

Reaction score
This offense is very talented. Unusually so. If ever there was a situation in which a rookie QB had a chance of success, this would be it.

Things could go wrong in several different ways. For some reason, my biggest concern is that Prescott will get hurt running the ball. I wonder if the coaches will make the mistake of assuming that Prescott takes a hit better than he actually does.

Anyway, given all the talent on this offense, I think there are several QBs who could have outstanding years with this group. We'll see if Prescott is one of them.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Yea I got that same sense too. Maybe it's the youth at QB and RB but the team seemed to have much more energy when both Dak and Zeke were in there. Having them in there and with both guys making plays it seemed to amp up the energy of the other guys, especially the OL. Hell even Chaz looked pretty good at LT after Tyron went out. With Dez out there too I can just imagine that the energy is going to kicked up even a notch higher.

I don't know if Dak can come close to doing what he's done in preseason but even if he doesn't I'm still really optimistic about the offense this season. For what it's worth I expect Dak to have a very similar rookie season to Russell Wilson or Ben Rothlesburger. Not the Super Bowl of course but to basically be a bus driver that first year. Let the guys around him win the games, play smart and don't turn the ball over. After he's had a year under his belt as a starter is when I think he will really shine (like Wilson and Big Ben).

Reaction score
Culture change in Dallas?

Did Jerry sell the team?

The team hasn't won with Romo because of Garrett. Had Romo signed with the Broncos as a rookie, he'd have a SB ring by now.

But yeah I'm ready for a lot of eras to be over in Dallas. Romo's. Garretts. Jerrys. Charlotte. Probably others idk I'm distracted because I have to shit real bad brb.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Did Jerry sell the team?

The team hasn't won with Romo because of Garrett. Had Romo signed with the Broncos as a rookie, he'd have a SB ring by now.

But yeah I'm ready for a lot of eras to be over in Dallas. Romo's. Garretts. Jerrys. Charlotte. Probably others idk I'm distracted because I have to shit real bad brb.

That's where I do most of my posting.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Warren Moon 2.0

I was curious about what he looked like, not just reading the stat lines. I'm incredibly impressed with his game. The guy is going to be one of the better QBs in the league in 3 or so years, imo.

Sucks that I have no interest in following him or the team.

I wish for him that the Broncos would send two first round picks to Dallas for him.

I'm glad for you guys that I don't think Jerry is that stupid to do something like that.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I thought Blake Bortles would take the crown from Brady eventually, but I think this Dak guy could be better than Bortles. He looks like a guy that has been playing in the league and in the same system for years already.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
For what it's worth I expect Dak to have a very similar rookie season to Russell Wilson or Ben Rothlesburger.

I'd be absolutely thrilled if he met or exceeded either one of those guys

As a rookie, Ben Rothlesburger went 13–0 in the regular season (14–1 including playoffs) as a starting quarterback, rookie year stats:

66.4% completion percentage
2,621 passing yards
17 touchdown passes
11 interceptions
8.9 yards per attempt
98.1 quarterback rating
144 rushing yards
1 rushing touchdown

The Pittsburgh Steelers selected Roethlisberger with the 11th overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, and their choice paid near-immediate dividends. After beginning the season as the team’s backup, Roethlisberger took over the starting job when Tommy Maddox obtained an injury early in the 2004 season.

Russell Wilsons rookie year:

64.1% completion percentage
3,118 passing yards
26 touchdown passes
10 interceptions
7.9 yards per attempt
100.0 quarterback rating
489 rushing yards
4 rushing touchdowns

Russell Wilson may go down as the biggest Draft Day steal of all time by the end of his career. Like Montana in 1979, Wilson was a third-round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft. The Seattle Seahawks selected Wilson with the 75th overall pick, and unlike Montana, Wilson would go on to win his team’s starting job during training camp as a rookie. He started off his rookie year as a more of a game manager than a playmaker, but that changed by the midway point of the 2012 season.

Wilson quickly evolved into one of the top dual-threat quarterbacks in the league and led the Seahawks to a playoff appearance in his first year on the job. After wildly exceeding expectations, Wilson won the 2012 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year award and was selected to the 2012 Pro Bowl.

Source: NFL: 5 Quarterbacks Who Had the Strongest Rookie Seasons

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
One thing to note, both Ben and Wilson had fantastic defenses that kept the games close and didn't force them to air it out and Dak wont have that. I suspect if Dallas falls far behind with Dak, it could be a rough day for him

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
In this offense, with Elliot running like he did the other night, Morris too, I think you guys might see this guy do some crazy things.

Say he plays 10 games. I could see him throwing for 2,600 ish yards and 20-25 TDs.

How can you go back to Romo after that, though, especially if the team is 8-2 or 7-3? I'm the biggest Romo fan there is, but even I can see the writing on the wall. Dak has a chance to make the team his.

Or, he could go from looking like the spitting image of Warren Moon, to all of a sudden looking like Akili Smith. Pressure is a funny thing.

Of what I've watched today, the guy is going to be very good. Some growing pains are surely going to be there, but he's good enough to run the offense and score a lot of points.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Did Jerry sell the team?

You can't shit and post from your phone? Rookie.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yea I got that same sense too. Maybe it's the youth at QB and RB but the team seemed to have much more energy when both Dak and Zeke were in there. Having them in there and with both guys making plays it seemed to amp up the energy of the other guys, especially the OL. Hell even Chaz looked pretty good at LT after Tyron went out. With Dez out there too I can just imagine that the energy is going to kicked up even a notch higher.
Yeah it's chemistry. Synergy. Something that does exist, and can and has overcome lousy coaching, mediocre defense, everything else. Can make the whole team better. And it's something we haven't seen in Dallas since The Triplets.

Reaction score
The NFL is going to be a lot harder for Dak once he can't be a one read only QB and has to suddenly face exotic coverages and blitzes. Let alone play when down 10+ points.

The guy will be our starting QB for the next few years and will have a chance to prove himself. But to expect him to have a Roethlisberger or Wilson type rookie season isn't likely. Not even close. Reality check week one for a lot of you guys.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The NFL is going to be a lot harder for Dak once he can't be a one read only QB and has to suddenly face exotic coverages and blitzes. Let alone play when down 10+ points.

The guy will be our starting QB for the next few years and will have a chance to prove himself. But to expect him to have a Roethlisberger or Wilson type rookie season isn't likely. Not even close. Reality check week one for a lot of you guys.
I expect he will do well early since no one has "book" on him, but if he does not diversify his skillset the league will catch up quickly. See RGPee, Kaepernick, etc.

I am sure you're giving no argument that we appear to be in a lot better shape without Romo today, than we were all last season?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah it's chemistry. Synergy. Something that does exist, and can and has overcome lousy coaching, mediocre defense, everything else. Can make the whole team better. And it's something we haven't seen in Dallas since The Triplets.

it felt like they had some in 2014 to me

burmafrd

Spectator
Reaction score
We had Dez wanting to play in preseason, because he wanted to play with Dak. That's what he said, anyway.

I've been watching Dak and Tony, and while Tony's still prone to yuk-yuk, Dak is serious as a heart attack most all of the time. As he should be, which is sort of the point. I have been waiting what, eight years for Tony to get serious and knock off the yuk-yuk?

Could this be the tonic needed in Dallas, if Romo is done?

I am ready for Romo to be gone, and have been for at least three years. Let's move on, his era is over. Dak might be the answer or then again might not, I want to find out.

I'm actually looking forward to this season with much greater optimism than I've been able to muster in years.

Call me crazy - and you probably will. But I don't think this team ever truly achieves with Romo at the helm. It never has, why the fuck would we think it ever will?

Not blaming Tony, just saying - we've never seen achievement for this team since he's been entrenched as QB. In 2014 he seemed to get dead serious for the first time, and turned in his best year. But age and injuries have caught up to him now. He's not to blame for the horrid coaching and the lousy defenses we've been fielding - he just was a victim of bad timing for being the Dallas QB.

He's done quite well for himself though, made millions with millions more guaranteed. I really hope he walks away from the game now - might be the best thing for all concerned.

i feel years older reading your drivel. You were one of the guys frothing at the mouth when Tony wore his cap backwards right? Just as stupid now as then. Grow a brain.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You were one of the guys frothing at the mouth when Tony wore his cap backwards right?
No, never noticed that one. But I did notice you have no answers for the "drivel." You can't dispute anything said.

Top Bottom