CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
The last thing I want is to move from Los Angeles to a Liberal city in Texas. The reason I’m leaving California is to get away from the liberals here. I’m against pretty much every agenda this fucked up state of California tries to push forward. Well it’s actually the city of L.A. that’s pushing for it, but it’s the same as the state since L.A. and San Fransisco dictate what happens to the rest of the state.

As far as CA being split into 3 states, that will never happen like Dooms said. They have been trying that for as long as I can remember. But this is the first time it will have made it to the ballot (this coming November)

Plus if it did split into three states that would give more power to the Dems/liberals because the new California which is in essence just L.A. county is the center for all things Liberal, then the second split would be No Cal which is the second Liberal enclave of San Fran, and then you would have So Cal which would stand a chance at turning back to Red finally.

But that would still double the libs voting power by adding Nor Cal and New Cal together thereby increasing the Dems/libs base

Which is the last thing we need
If you are leaving CA to get away from liberal thinking then Austin would be your worst choice of the 4 cities. They pride themselves on that. However, they do not control the state's political climate just their own.

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Not sure how this myth continues, probably because it usually goes ignorantly unchallenged. First of all, there are no "flag laws.” There is a flag code, but you can’t be penalized for not following it. Furthermore, any state flag can be flown at the same height as the US flag. But Texas’ own state flag code says, “the United States flag should be above the state flag.” Sec. 3100.055. DISPLAY ON FLAGPOLE OR FLAGSTAFF WITH FLAG OF UNITED STATES. (a) If it is necessary for the state flag and the flag of the United States to be displayed on the same flagpole or flagstaff, the United States flag should be above the state flag.

Another myth. The 1845 US Joint Resolution for Annexing Texas floated the possibility of additional states “not exceeding four in number, in addition to said State of Texas.” But the US Constitution (among other sources) overrides this prospect. In Article IV, Section 3, it reads “no new states shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other states.” Reconstruction after the Civil War further clarified this and also "right to secession" never existed anyway. It's not anywhere in any Texas founding document, and it does not exist in the annexation agreement either.

Our state legislature can do just what California's recently did, this does not mean it passes muster in the US Federal courts and also does not mean it will actually happen. Article 4 section 3 completely nixes it, so short of a US Constitutional Amendment they're out of luck dividing into three or any other number. And so are we.That's quite subjective. It's dog-ugly there IMO, certainly compared to the Llano Estacado which by the way is home to the 2nd largest canyon in the US. A super great big hole in the middle of the table rock!
Might be but his requirement to be close to a metropolitan area doesn't work there. Of the 4 metro areas, the Hill Country adjacent to Austin and San Antonio really is the only "pretty" area but he did not say that was a requirement.

Houston is the only place that meets most of his criteria except for hurricanes and they don't get a lot worse than Harvey did.

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
As far as CA dividing, I would never predict what they might do in that state. They have a history of myopic voting.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Might be but his requirement to be close to a metropolitan area doesn't work there. Of the 4 metro areas, the Hill Country adjacent to Austin and San Antonio really is the only "pretty" area but he did not say that was a requirement.

Houston is the only place that meets most of his criteria except for hurricanes and they don't get a lot worse than Harvey did.

Californians moving to those areas is the very reason they're so crappy, so there's that. Up here a half mile in elevation, still wide open range, only around 300,000 people in the metro, suits me just fine and short of pro sports, I have everything the sardine cans down state have. Except of course, millions of cali invaders.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Agree with that, northwestern AR is God's county and He gave Satan the southeastern part.

His questions were about moving to Texas, not those other states. I think the Hill Country is the best looking part of Texas that fits his criteria of wanting to be near a metropolitan area. I agree that it is the prettiest by contrast and there are also lakes for fishing which seems to be a desire of his.

I'm with you on AR. Actually went to school there my freshman year because I thought it was so cool looking.

As for Scot, I gave him my thoughts on that many posts back... I'd go for somewhere north-northeast of Houston. Pretty country in the pine forests, very mild winters, and not too long a trip to the coast. But I love all those trees and the dense vegetation, which not everyone does.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just remembered that I have a couple cousins who I haven’t talked to since I was a teenager that live in Texas

They lived in Witchita Falls. At least they used to.

What type of area is Witchita Falls? Good, bad, cheap, ghetto like?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Californians moving to those areas is the very reason they're so crappy, so there's that. Up here a half mile in elevation, still wide open range, only around 300,000 people in the metro, suits me just fine and short of pro sports, I have everything the sardine cans down state have. Except of course, millions of cali invaders.

Us Californians are like the Americans of the world. Everyone hates us when we are in town! Just like the rest of the world hates Americans when they visit other countries

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Us Californians are like the Americans of the world. Everyone hates us when we are in town! Just like the rest of the world hates Americans when they visit other countries
They love the Texas people though.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What type of area is Witchita Falls? Good, bad, cheap, ghetto like?

It sucks. Don't ask me how I know. :whistle

And I don't think people hate Californians. The red state types hate the super-lib types, which as you know aren't all Cali people.

Then some of it may be like how Coloradoans hate Texans. They see them as the prosperous types invading their state in the summer to escape the heat, and they're just a little different.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
It sucks. Don't ask me how I know. :whistle

And I don't think people hate Californians. The red state types hate the super-lib types, which as you know aren't all Cali people.

Then some of it may be like how Coloradoans hate Texans. They see them as the prosperous types invading their state in the summer to escape the heat, and they're just a little different.

Yeah, Wichita Falls ain't great. About the only way it seems good is if you cross the state line over to Lawton, Ok.
Having lived in Colorado for several years, I can affirm there is certainly a bias against Texans. But they do like the bucks Texas brings.

On a personal note, the Cowboys didn't beat the Broncos the whole time I lived there. My only defense was Super Bowl 12 and telling them Elway was the model for the horse's face on the top of the old Mile High Stadium.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on Wichita Falls

That’s pretty much what I figured

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
When you guys talk about high humidity what do you consider high?

Just as an example when I headed out for my morning run today it was 64 degrees with 84% humidity. Needless to say I was sweating my balls off by the time I was done!

How does that compare to the humidity you might see in TX?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Just as an example when I headed out for my morning run today it was 64 degrees with 84% humidity. Needless to say I was sweating my balls off by the time I was done!

Again, totally variable depending where you are in the state. East/Southeast Texas is very humid. Out west it's very dry.

But if you think you were sweating in 64 degrees with 84% humidity... try Houston when it's 92 degrees with 84% humidity. :evil

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

If we see over 30 percent here it's because it's fixin to rain some. Normally in the summer months it's 5-20 percent unless rain. In winter it's even drier than that.

Top Bottom