Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I would prefer low humidity because my wife has Asthma and the humidity makes it worse

But it sounds like that will take me further away from the gulf for my fishing trips
Little town called Fritch up here, right on lake Meredith. Land is cheap, homes are cheap, there's even some homes overlooking the lake that are posh and ridiculously low priced for what they are. If fishing is your thing you're right at home, and you can still take summer trips down to the gulf for the deep sea fishing.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It sounds great

How long is the drive to the gulf timewise?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It sounds great

How long is the drive to the gulf timewise?
That depends on a lot of factors, but I've always found average drive time to Matagorda Bay to be in the neighborhood of 9 hrs.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Even that far north in the state it still gets up in the 100's?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Even that far north in the state it still gets up in the 100's?
Thankfully, yes. Every few years or so we even get 100 as a high for 30-plus days straight. I think the record is 36 days. Plus, there's not much precipitation here, we average around 19 inches annually for a total. BUT - all four seasons are pronounced. We get good snow and below-zero temps in winter, a typically mild spring, and a long, languishing beautiful fall.

The wind is also a constant. Keeps the air clean and fresh, and again, keeps the riff-raff out of here.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've been set on moving to Texas for awhile now. My recent trip to Seattle seems to have spread up my timetable

Every time I'm away from L.A. for a few days it makes me hate it even more when I get back home

Being in Seattle made me rethink if I want to deal with the 90's and 100's every summer for the rest of my life

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Being in Seattle made me rethink if I want to deal with the 90's and 100's every summer for the rest of my life
Study up on "heat index." Humidity really adds up, making a 88 degree day in Seattle equal to a 100 degree day here, if the Seattle humidity is high enough. I would much rather have the dry heat than the swamp, but that's just me. I have lived all over the US, and like the weather much better overall, here where I am.

If you don't want to deal with summer heat, Texas ain't for you. Try Alaska.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've been in some nasty humidity in Florida, Louisiana, Georgia, Mississippi and I'm sure another state or two. It took me two days to stop sweating when I landed in FL. The humidity was nasty

With her asthma we need to be somewhere "somewhat" dry or she will suffer all summer. And if she suffers I suffer so that ain't happening

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
With her asthma we need to be somewhere "somewhat" dry or she will suffer all summer. And if she suffers I suffer so that ain't happening
Have you tried the "Asthma Field" option?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Is that where Jimmy sent the losers who weren't in shape?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just looked it up

His reference to the parking lot when cutting a guy

I knew it had something do to with Jimmy. I just couldn't remember the specifics

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Just looked it up

His reference to the parking lot when cutting a guy

I knew it had something do to with Jimmy. I just couldn't remember the specifics
Yeah. So, back to my question.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Which question?

No to the Asthma field and yes I read his book

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
yes I read his book
Then, why did you need to look up the reference? It's not like you had to read his book to get that, it was a national sports media firestorm when he said that, and cut the fuck involved.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Thats weird because the Florida Gulf coast beaches are pretty nice.

The reason the beaches look bad is because the silt that comes out of the Mississippi River comes out of the mouth at New Orleans and goes to the West. The beaches to the East of New Orleans are pretty and the beaches to the West are not. The farther away from the Mississippi River you get the better the beaches are.

Top Bottom