Reaction score
jeris already got him in the ring of honor:

6rGMsSD.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jon Machota
✔ ‎@jonmachota

Has Dak Prescott surprised you? Dez Bryant: "No, not really. He's a winner. And he's only going to get better."

3:45 PM - 28 Aug 2016

Jon Machota
✔ ‎@jonmachota

Dez Bryant on Dak Prescott: "He wants to be great. He understands the process. Sky's the limit for him."

4:10 PM - 28 Aug 2016 · Frisco, TX, United States

David Moore
✔ ‎@DavidMooreDMN

Dak Prescott on Tony Romo: "This is still his team. I'm just going to try to do my best to hold the fort down."

3:47 PM - 28 Aug 2016

burmafrd

Spectator
Reaction score
Yea but he knew that would be the case before he took the job. The fact is he was an old coach making one final money grab and Jerry needed his reputation to get the stadium.

THE COACHING JOB he did in 2003 might have been the best of his career when you look at what he had to work with.

As regards your comments about a HOF coach and the only one that took four separate franchises to the playoffs after rebuilding them is worth a bucket of warm donkey piss.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Please. 2003 was the product of a laughably easy schedule. The couple times they played decent teams late in the season they got rolled, then got dominated in the playoffs. We got shutout twice and didn't even manage 20 pts a game offensively.

Then they followed up that fluke season with an awful one in 2004 and two mediocre to slightly above mediocre seasons in 2005 and 2006. The Parcells era ended with one of the worst offensive game plans in the history of the franchise in that road loss to a Seattle team that had waiver wire guys starting in the secondary.

Reaction score
Please. 2003 was the product of a laughably easy schedule. The couple times they played decent teams late in the season they got rolled, then got dominated in the playoffs. We got shutout twice and didn't even manage 20 pts a game offensively.

2003 wasn't a bad year. Even if their schedule wasn't so difficult, the Cowboys got into the playoffs after 3 consecutive 5-11 seasons. Their talent-level wasn't very good, but Parcells somehow got them into the playoffs. I think Parcells did a really good job in 2003, considering what he had to work with.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Its not that I think it was a "bad" year, its that I firmly believe it was a fluke.

Nobody expected that team to sniff the playoffs and Parcells and co should be given credit for that, but I do believe it was a fluke.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
he's yet to play a full game against a first team defense. I hope a bad start or two doesn't crush his confidence.

Reaction score
I worry about Prescott getting hurt.

I have to say, during this past game, I thought it was absolutely crazy for this team to have Prescott run the run option.

Shit, Romo got hurt. As a coach, you have to at least consider the possibility that Romo suffered a real injury as a result of that play.

... and so why the heck do you decide that your second #2 QB, Prescott, should run the run option? (Kellen Moore, your first #2 QB, is already out).

I don't get the decision to expose Prescott to hits as a runner. You need to be careful with him. It isn't like you have much left on your bench if he gets hurt.

Back in the 2014 season when Mississippi State was ranked #1, what to some extent derailed their season was that Prescott was playing hurt. He got hurt running and he wasn't the same player until he headed up.

He looks a little like a linebacker or fullback, but he is certainly capable of getting hurt. It is tough to make it as a running QB in the NFL ... so go very easy with that run option stuff.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm with you, but at the same time I think they want to get it on film and make teams really honor the possibility that he MIGHT pull it down and take off going forward. If DE's or OLB's stay home on the edge to defend against Prescott potentially taking off, it makes some of those creases for Elliott or Morris that much bigger.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder if he goes back to #15 when Street gets cut (he will, right?)

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't think street makes the final round of cuts

He's a shitty receiver, lucky locked up the return game

There is no place on the roster for him

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's amazing how poised Dak looks in comparison to the so called 'poised' Jared Goff.

I think Goff was like 4 of 10 passing this weekend (against backups). He's apparently very hesitant before getting the ball off and very streaky with his throws. Meanwhile Dak has seemed to master the back-shoulder fade; which gave him problems in college.

Is the improvement all Dak or what? Who's he been working with mainly?

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It's amazing how poised Dak looks in comparison to the so called 'poised' Jared Goff.

I think Goff was like 4 of 10 passing this weekend (against backups). He's apparently very hesitant before getting the ball off and very streaky with his throws. Meanwhile Dak has seemed to master the back-shoulder fade; which gave him problems in college.

I'd give more credit to Dak than that QB coach we have.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I wonder if he goes back to #15 when Street gets cut (he will, right?)

I hope not. I like the #4. I seem to remember that he chose #4 to honor his mom in some kind of way.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I read somewhere that between mini camps he worked with some QB guru in Florida to work on his mechanics and taking snaps from under center. Have no clue what the guru's name is or where I read that.

Top Bottom