Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
9bdf8608520f45d3e36a0903fcb32ae3.jpg

He was apparently arrested on 2 warrants for possession of marijuana and the other for driving while intoxicated

Reaction score
I ashamed to admit there was a time in my life I was excited about this guy being our qb.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Much as I hated wasting a pick on him when he could have been signed as a UDFA I don't wish bad things upon him. Feel bad for him actually. Hope he gets his shit together.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
how soon you ingrates forget

[video=youtube;2nYyVEsMyWc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nYyVEsMyWc[/video]

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Is that the cundiff final seconds field goal game?

Because that was exciting af.

yes

[video=youtube;mfXuYPrCyF0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfXuYPrCyF0[/video]

full credit to Theebs. this is his YouTube footage.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Parcells with the Billy Idol look.

Fassel and Kerry Collins for the Giants. Talk about a long ass time ago.

I didn't remember the Cundiff kick was to go to OT. I thought it was to win. What happened in OT?

Reaction score
Parcels won with Quincy. Just goes to show how good a coach he was.

Taking Dave Campo's thrice-great 5-11 players with Q-Car as starting QB to a 10-6 playoff berth season was the last example of the coaching genius of Bill Parcells. It also shows the stark difference in what a quality head coach can do with a bad QB versus Mr. 1-11 without Romo.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Taking Dave Campo's thrice-great 5-11 players with Q-Car as starting QB to a 10-6 playoff berth season was the last example of the coaching genius of Bill Parcells. It also shows the stark difference in what a quality head coach can do with a bad QB versus Mr. 1-11 without Romo.

yet I see so many fans say Parcels sucked, its astonishing to me that anyone could reach that conclusion.

Sure he missed on some draft picks (Bobby Carpenter) but he more than made up for it in the way he developed players from all rounds and undrafted as well. There was something about the way he did things that caused the cream to rise to the top and pulled out the best in a player.

Jimmy seemed to have it to, I miss that.

burmafrd

Spectator
Reaction score
yet I see so many fans say Parcels sucked, its astonishing to me that anyone could reach that conclusion.

Sure he missed on some draft picks (Bobby Carpenter) but he more than made up for it in the way he developed players from all rounds and undrafted as well. There was something about the way he did things that caused the cream to rise to the top and pulled out the best in a player.

Jimmy seemed to have it to, I miss that.

when you look at what BP had to work with in 2003 getting to the playoffs was I think the greatest coaching year of his entire career,

Q as QB; Hambone as the RB; Idiot Bryant at WR; a patchwork O line that had LA on the downside after his injury and a D that by yards was #1 but a lot of that was smoke and mirrors. We had about 6 guys on D that were good and the rest Jags. Glover, Woody, Ellis, Dat, Roy before he fell off a cliff and Tnew. Every other starter on D was out of the league or a seldom used backup in 2 years.

and on top of all that dealing with Mr Football every day. No wonder he burned out in 4 years and never coached again.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Bill definitely raised the talent base, but he never won a playoff game in Dallas (let alone a SB), so that has to qualify as a disappointment.

burmafrd

Spectator
Reaction score
Bill definitely raised the talent base, but he never won a playoff game in Dallas (let alone a SB), so that has to qualify as a disappointment.

considering how much had to change and get not only built but rebuilt I do not consider it that much of a disapointment. The huge hole in the middle of our D doomed us in Seattle.

I look at what he left us and I think overall he did a very good job.

IF Jerruh had not reverted to type as regards picking the next coach who knows?

Reaction score
I was a big critic of Parcells, mostly because it felt like he was definitely mailing it in the final year or so. Which is understandable because he was old and tired and the game had changed a lot and most of his best assistants were gone, and the talent base wasn't very good in those years.

I mean its a QB league and we were rolling with the likes of QC, Testeverde, Henson, and Bledsoe. If Parcells had an ounce of fire left in him, we likely win the 2007 Super Bowl.

burmafrd

Spectator
Reaction score
I was a big critic of Parcells, mostly because it felt like he was definitely mailing it in the final year or so. Which is understandable because he was old and tired and the game had changed a lot and most of his best assistants were gone, and the talent base wasn't very good in those years.

I mean its a QB league and we were rolling with the likes of QC, Testeverde, Henson, and Bledsoe. If Parcells had an ounce of fire left in him, we likely win the 2007 Super Bowl.

worn down by four years of carrying the clown...

Top Bottom