dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys Place OT Charles Brown On Retired List, Add Two Offensive Tackles

The Dallas Cowboys announced Tuesday that they have placed OT Charles Brown on the reserve/retired list and waived OT David Hedelin.

The Cowboys also signed offensive tackles Darryl Baldwin and Cameron Bradfield to contracts.

Brown, 29, is a former second-round pick of the New Orleans Saints back in 2010. He spent four years in New Orleans before he signed on with the Giants as an unrestricted free agent.

However, Brown lasted less than a year with the Giants before catching on with the Jets last summer. The Jets released him at the start of the season, but he was later signed to a contract by the Cowboys.

Dallas brought Brown back on a one-year back in March.

In 2015, Brown was active for 15 games for the Cowboys.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Definitely interested in seeing him. He has always struggled to stay healthy too, but when he was on the field at UF he was pretty good and played both T spots well.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I really hope this changes and he's released. If he shows up though and they waste ANY starter reps on this guy instead of Hitchens or someone else who will actually be manning the position for most, if not all the regular season then its just further proof of how backwards this organization really is.

ARLINGTON -- Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett said he expects suspended linebacker Rolando McClain to be with the team when it heads west.
McClain is eligible to participate in the preseason, but is suspended for the first 10 games of the season for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. He missed the first four games last season or the same reason.

He had signed a one-year deal with Dallas and his future with the Cowboys is cloudy.

Owner Jerry Jones has said that Dallas could keep McClain on the roster to avoid a salary cap hit, though that doesn't mean McClain would necessarily play for the Cowboys this season.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Nick Foles was released today. He's bad, but not Kellen Moore bad.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
MLB Rolando McClain NOT on Cowboys flight to training camp. David Moore says "hasn't been released yet but stay tuned"

G Ronald Leary, who had requested a trade IS on the Cowboys charter flight to TC

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think they need Foles and need to dump Spanky (Kellen Moore).

I think almost everyone would agree that at the least, they should bring Foles in to compete for the backup spot.

But we know the answer to this already.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Broaddus and a few others say they arent interested in Foles. There are varying degrees of cant play apparently. I always thought Spanky was the low end of the cant play Bell curve and Foles was more in the median part.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Didn't Foles wax us a few years ago even with that supposedly horrible coach Chip Kelly?

But now we think he's worse than Kellen Moore.

I swear this franchise feels like it's going backwards even from what it was a few years ago.

Top Bottom