Reaction score
Can anyone compete with them next year?

Should be Cleveland vs GS in the finals again.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Now the Cavs are talking to Wade. That could make them competitive with GS.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Golden State's front office is what I'd want my NFL team to be. A young, innovative GM (Bob Myers) who leans on someone with a proven track record (Jerry West) and consults regularly with a head coach with a history in personnel (Steve Kerr). They built that team primarily through the draft (Curry, Klay, Dramond Green, Harrison Barnes); made underrated trades (Iguodola and Bogut); used free agency to land both role players(Shaun Livingston, Barbosa) and now an impact player(Durant).

I've always hated this notion that you can only build through the draft; the smart teams (see also New England Patriots and San Antonio Spurs) use all avenues of player acquisition. Also, your GM needs to be a grinder. A guy who is constantly watching film, meeting with scouts, dealing with agents...not negotiating concert deals with Taylor Swift or promoting boxing matches.

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
i still dont understand how he a legitimate superstar top 3 player could sign with the team that just beat him and already has an NBA title. Such a lose lose situation

Reaction score
Andersen, who turned 38 on Thursday, split last season between the Heat and Memphis Grizzlies, averaging 3.9 points, 3.6 rebounds, and 0.5 blocks in 27 games.

Oh. Nope.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Golden State's front office is what I'd want my NFL team to be. A young, innovative GM (Bob Myers) who leans on someone with a proven track record (Jerry West) and consults regularly with a head coach with a history in personnel (Steve Kerr). They built that team primarily through the draft (Curry, Klay, Dramond Green, Harrison Barnes); made underrated trades (Iguodola and Bogut); used free agency to land both role players(Shaun Livingston, Barbosa) and now an impact player(Durant).

I've always hated this notion that you can only build through the draft; the smart teams (see also New England Patriots and San Antonio Spurs) use all avenues of player acquisition. Also, your GM needs to be a grinder. A guy who is constantly watching film, meeting with scouts, dealing with agents...not negotiating concert deals with Taylor Swift or promoting boxing matches.

Reading that should make every serious Cowboys fan cry because what Jerry has done is the exact opposite of that for 2 decades and we all know the result.

Top Bottom