Reaction score
If UCLA linebacker Myles Jack was completely healthy, he might be considered the top player in this year's draft.

Jack suffered a season-ending knee injury during practice last September. He was limited during the scouting combine in February and his pro day in March. And yet, almost all experts still project him to be a top 10 pick.

Jack has not been one of the Cowboys' official 30 pre-draft visitors. If he ended up being Dallas' pick at No. 4, it would mark the first time since 2012 that the franchise used a first-round pick on a player who did not officially visit.

But Jack should not be completely eliminated from the conversation. Thursday is a big day for the 6-1, 245-pounder. He will be in Indianapolis for a medical re-check. If he's completely cleared, his stock could climb. Several mock drafts already have him going fifth overall to Jacksonville.

"I'm really past rehab and everything," Jack said Monday on SiriusXM NFL Radio's 'Movin' the Chains' show with Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan. "I'm just working on getting in shape right now. I'm not worried about these re-checks at all. I'm actually excited to clear all rumors if there's any questions, so it's definitely a big week for me."

Jack's size and unique athleticism make him the ideal fit to play linebacker in today's NFL. With offensive coordinators constantly trying to spread out defenses, Jack is the type of player who can defend the run in the box or step outside and stay with wide receivers in coverage.

One NFL general manager recently compared Jack to a faster version of Ray Lewis.

While Jack will likely play weakside or middle linebacker in the NFL, some teams have even discussed the possibility of playing him at safety.

With the Cowboys, Jack would likely be the team's middle linebacker of the future. Although he's probably a better fit at weakside, Dallas isn't expected to move Sean Lee back to the middle.

Rolando McClain is the team's current starting middle linebacker, however, he's playing on a one year deal. Jack could play on the strongside and move inside in the nickel package next season. Regardless of the scenario, he's too talented to keep off the field. Defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli and linebacker coach Matt Eberflus would find ways to use Jack in several different roles.

"I'm not a finished product," Jack said Monday. "I definitely have to polish a lot of things up. Whatever position I get chosen at I'll be able to do that.

"I'm really anxious to get on the field. My mentality is that I can't wait to get back out there. I'm not worried. I'm just going to go out and whatever team drafts me, they're going to get somebody who is going to work very hard."

Jack recorded 19 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press during the combine. He recently recorded a 40-inch vertical but says he could get up to 44 or 45 inches when fully healthy.

Reaction score
You don't get 43k posts without a few reposts along the way.

My wish list for #4 is:

1. Goff
1a. Myles Jack

Top Bottom