Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I might have this all wrong, might just be my own false perception, but it seems to me Jerry is doing more and more softball interviews about himself, kind of trying to establish a narrative of his "legacy."

If my perception is accurate, I've thought of a reason or two why we're seeing this happening, and the number one reason we're seeing it is? Jimmy Johnson made finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame!

No way this can be a good thing for Jerry. The very idea of Johnson making the HoF before him has got to be killing him, eating him up inside.

Could it be that might be driving him to retire soon in hopes he gets in at least, the same class as Jimmy? Probably no way it happens before Jimmy but possible. Could this be why we're seeing all of these fluff pieces now? Does Jerry plan to hang it up after this season, so he can get in line for HoF consideration before Jimmy gets his bust?

Is this the level of sick depravity Jerry has? Discuss and correct me where needed please.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I believe that's just wishful thinking that he'd actually retire.

But hell if it would actually get him to retire I'm all for it, throw his ass in the HOF right now!

Not that I want him in there but I'd take that gladly if it meant his early retirement

Plus you just know he will be there anyway

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I believe that's just wishful thinking that he'd actually retire.
Perhaps. But that still leaves the question, why the sudden "legacy" building tour?

Wishful thinking is that he eats a big bag of puss infested, AIDS infected dick, and dies a slow, suffering, lingering, horrible death.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just can't see him not being an interfering nuisance as long as he can still form coherent sentences

They will have to wheel his drooling depends wearing corpse into the meetings but he will still have a say on how to fuck up the team till he dies

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I just can't see him not being an interfering nuisance as long as he can still form coherent sentences

They will have to wheel his drooling depends wearing corpse into the meetings but he will still have a say on how to fuck up the team till he dies
Unless.... Seeing Jimmy almost make the HoF before him overrides this (to him and his legacy) lesser stuff.

Else why the sudden flood of "legacy" building interviews?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Even if he retires doesn't he have to wait five years to be eligible after retirement?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Unless.... Seeing Jimmy almost make the HoF before him overrides this (to him and his legacy) lesser stuff.

Else why the sudden flood of "legacy" building interviews?

you know damn well that even if he did play possum and act like he was retired to get in the HOF, it'd be back to business as usual once he's in. We've already seen this act when he hired Parcells and was happy as a lark when Parcells left and he had his toy to play with again

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Even if he retires doesn't he have to wait five years to be eligible after retirement?

That's the point. Jimmy made finals, Jerry's GOT to get in the race before Jimmy gets in the hall. So he has one more season to legacy build before getting in line.

That's the theory anyway.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Does an owner have to retire in order to get in the HOF?

I can tell you what is eating Jerry up more than Jimmy getting into the HOF before him... It's that once Jimmy is in he'll have to put Jimmy in the Ring of Honor. He's going to wait as long as he can but the demands from the fans will be too much to keep Jimmy out. That may be the moment that Jerry actually drops dead.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's that once Jimmy is in he'll have to put Jimmy in the Ring of Honor. He's going to wait as long as he can but the demands from the fans will be too much to keep Jimmy out.
It would be bad optics if he didn't at that point, but since when did Jerry really give a shit about optics, orrrrr what the fans think?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I didn't think so. There is still a chance that Jerry gets in before Jimmy. What's going to hurt Jimmy from getting in is the fact that his career was so short, also that stint in Miami. I think he eventually gets in but it's going to take some time.

Top Bottom